Arctic Wolf is preparing to potentially launch an initial public offering (IPO) in 2022, the MDR (managed detection and response) and SOCaaS (security operations center as a service) provider told Reuters.
Here's everything that channel partners, MSPs, MSSPs and potential investors need to know about the Arctic Wolf IPO.
1. Timing: A potential Arctic Wolf IPO could arrive in early 2022 according to the Reuters headline, though the story itself said the IPO could arrive in the second half of 2022.
2. Advisors: Arctic Wolf has started interviewing investment banks and is expected to finalize advisors for the IPO in the coming months, Reuters reported in November 2022, though a specific date was not disclosed.
3. Arctic Wolf Revenues: The company's subscription-based revenues have grown by more than 100 percent over the past year, though actual revenue dollar figures and profits (or losses) were not disclosed.
4. Arctic Wolf Stock Symbol: Undisclosed.
5. Executive Leadership: Arctic Wolf promoted President and Chief Revenue Officer Nick Schneider to CEO in August 2021, in anticipation of the IPO path. Schneider succeeded Brian NeSmith, who shifted to executive chairman.
6. Arctic Wolf Funding: Arctic Wolf raised $150 million in Series F financing and achieved a $4.3 billion valuation in July 2021. Key investors include Viking Global Investors, Owl Rock, a division of Blue Owl Capital, and other existing investors, the technology company said at the time.
7. Channel Partner Strategy: Arctic Wolf in June 2021 expanded its channel-focused security services and operations to EMEA and incorporated Authorized and Wolf Pack tiers into its channel partner program. Arctic Wolf also launched its Managed Security Awareness training solution in May 2021.
8. More Updates: This blog originally published November 22, 2021. Check back for ongoing updates. We'll be watching for a potential Arctic Wolf SEC filing about the IPO in the weeks ahead.