Sweeney, a veteran of SonicWall and Talari Networks, is a well-known channel partner advocate. And Area 1 Security is seeking to work more closely with VARs, distributors, managed security services providers (MSSPs) and other types of channel partners.
But how will Area 1 Security stand out in the crowded market for email security and phishing mitigation software tools? Sweeney provides some clear answers and partner-centric updates in this MSSP Alert interview.
MSSP Alert Video Interview: Area 1 Security CEO Patrick SweeneyVideo link
The conversation covers:
- 0:00 - Introductions
- 0:20 - How Patrick Sweeney heard about Area 1 Security, and why he joined the cybersecurity company as CEO.
- 1:20 - What makes Area 1 Security unique in the email security market, according to Sweeney.
- 3:11 - Area 1 Security's customer focus: Global 2000, midmarket or small business? Sweeney explains company's positioning.
- 4:29 - How the company will leverage $25 million in funding -- key business, machine learning, and go-to-market priorities with the channel.
- 6:22 - How Area 1 Security spotted and promoted the channel opportunity early in the business journey.
- 8:13 - How the business evolved and pivoted amid the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, and where channel partners fit in.
- 10:54 - Area 1 Security's business priorities for the rest of 2020, according to Sweeney.
- 13:30 - Conclusion