The company will provide the Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA), which handles the commonwealth's IT governance, infrastructure, investments and procurement, with cybersecurity services delivered via its Prescriptive Security solution.
Prescriptive Security ensures VITA can leverage Atos cybersecurity technology to protect citizen data and provide a secure technology environment for state agencies, according to a prepared statement.
The solution empowers VITA with a variety of cybersecurity capabilities, including:
- Endpoint security.
- Security information and event management (SIEM).
- Threat detection.
- Vulnerability management.
Prescriptive Security also helps VITA consolidate threat sources and learn new behaviors to stop cyberattacks before they occur, Atos indicated. It is powered by Atos Bullion x86 servers, the company noted, and ensures cyber threats are detected and can be remediated in near real-time.
How Does Prescriptive Security Work?
Prescriptive Security combines predictive capabilities with automation powered by supercomputing, according to Atos. By doing so, Prescriptive Security helps organizations eliminate fragmented and time-consuming manual security responses and continuously learn about emerging threat behaviors.
Key features of Prescriptive Security include:
- Cyber Risk Management: Enables organizations to define the right cybersecurity policies, processes and information to balance cost against the risk of quantifiable business damage.
- Digital Identity and Access Control: Provides a full audit trail for all activities across an organization's applications and networks.
- Insider Threat Protection: Safeguards intellectual property and customer data against insider threats.
Prescriptive Security also empowers organizations with cybersecurity insights, Atos pointed out. That way, organizations can use Prescriptive Security to deliver consistent service, ensure compliance and mitigate risk.
Atos: Here's What You Need to Know
Atos has a global team of over 4,500 security specialists and a worldwide network of security operations centers (SOCs). The company provides a wide range of security solutions, and these include:
- Data security.
- Digital ID and payment technologies.
- End-to-end security governance.
- Internet of Things (IoT) security.
- Security intelligence and forensics.
Also, Atos provides managed security services for threat prevention, detection and remediation. These services are designed to help organizations establish security best practices to counter advanced persistent threats (APT), the company said.