CloudCheckr, a cloud cost and security management solutions provider, has added a Total Compliance module for government agencies to its Cloud Management Platform (CMP). The company announced Total Compliance at last week's AWS Public Sector Summit in Washington, D.C.
Total Compliance enables government agencies to automatically monitor their infrastructure for compliance with 37 standards, according to a prepared statement. It also corrects compliance issues and provides a log for third-party auditors with historical details and remediation notes.
What Does Total Compliance Offer?
Total Compliance's features include:
- Continuous Monitoring: Offers an AWS CloudTrail integration, along with alerts, reports and recommendations to help government agencies mitigate risks.
- FISMA AU Compliance: Provides AWS security, audit and visibility tools to help government agencies comply with the infrastructure portion of the Audit and Accountability (AU) standard outlined in NIST SP 800-53.
- Policy Enforcement: Leverages proprietary and configurable security checks to ensure proper configuration and compliance across government accounts, departments and agencies.
- Usage Visibility: Delivers identity and access management (IAM) reporting, geographic awareness of data and visibility into security settings, as well as instant access to usage statistics for most primary and secondary cloud services.
Total Compliance is now available in all regions on AWS GovCloud. In addition, government agencies can use Total Compliance in conjunction with CloudCheckr's Cost Management and Security modules.
What Is CMP?
CMP empowers managed service providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs) and public sector and government agencies with visibility and control over public cloud infrastructure.
With CMP, end users can generate billing details, resources, configurations, permissions, changes and other infrastructure information, according to CloudCheckr. Key features of CMP include:
- Best Practice Checks: Recommend actions to help users optimize the value of their cloud services.
- Cost Allocation: Provides visibility into cloud spending.
- Expense Management: Offers cloud billing analytics and budget alerts.
- Invoicing, Billing and Chargebacks: Programmatically creates and schedules invoices.
The CMP reseller toolkit provides MSPs, CSPs and other technology resellers with multi-account visibility and recommendations, CloudCheckr noted. It also offers owner permissions, white-labeling and cross-account security and operational insights to help resellers grow their businesses and increase their margins.
More than 150 MSPs, CSPs and technology resellers currently use CMP, CloudCheckr stated. Furthermore, CMP accounts for MSPs, CSPs and technology resellers are available starting at $100 per month.