BPM LLP, a California accounting and consulting firm and value-added reseller (VAR), has acquired security, compliance and incident response services provider Adhere Inc. for an undisclosed sum. The Adhere acquisition expands BPM's IT security, compliance and operations services, the companies noted.
The Adhere acquisition enables BPM to deliver 24/7 IT security monitoring via the company's security operations center (SOC), according to a prepared statement. It also enables BPM to help organizations develop and implement IT compliance best practices.
A Closer Look at Adhere
Adhere provides services designed to help organizations identify and assess risk, comply with data security requirements and respond to data breaches and security incidents. The company's services include:
- Information Security Programs and Training: Teach organizations how to increase security awareness.
- Risk Assessments: Consist of quarterly and annual risk evaluations.
- Security Operations Center-as-a-Service (SOCaaS): Helps organizations build and run an SOC and deploy security information event management-as-a-service (SIEMaaS).
In addition, Adhere's IT security and compliance and security operations services complement BPM's IT assurance and advisory practices, the companies said. The services enable BPM to help organizations prepare for FedRAMP, ISO and SOC compliance audits and respond to organizations' IT security needs.
What Is BPM?
BPM provides a variety of consulting and managed services, including:
- FedRAMP Gap Analysis and Preparation.
- ISO 270xx Gap Analysis, Preparation and Attestation.
- GDPR Gap Analysis, Preparation and Attestation.
- SSAE 16 SOC 2 Preparation.
- Risk Assessments.
- Information Security Awareness Education and Training.
Meanwhile, BPM's IT security advisory practice guides organizations through the security auditing process, the company said. It is backed by security advisors who help organizations understand their security audit requirements, create strategies to pass security audits and design and implement security plans.
This is the second example of an accounting firm acquiring cybersecurity or MSSP expertise in recent months. The other deal involved EisnerAmper buying CSAM Marketing.