Cisco Systems has announced new network, endpoint, cloud and application security capabilities for its SecureX platform, according to a prepared statement. The news comes during this week's Cisco Partner Summit virtual conference.
The new SecureX capabilities include:
- Extended Detection and Response (XDR): Provides sample workflows to help organizations address common use cases, expanded SecureX ribbon capabilities and analytics.
- Secure Access Service Edge (SASE): Integrates with SecureX to provide visibility into networks and IT environments and help organizations speed up incident response.
- Zero Trust: Leverages Duo (which Cisco acquired in 2018) to automatically detect suspicious logins and alerts security operations teams via API integrations with SecureX and other platforms.
The aforementioned capabilities highlight Cisco's commitment to simplify security for its customers and partners, the company said. They also allow Cisco to position SecureX as an all-in-one security operations center (SOC) dashboard for viewing, managing and streamlining a wide range of security tasks.
A Closer Look at SecureX
Organizations can use SecureX to strengthen their security across networks, endpoints, cloud environments and applications, Cisco indicated. SecureX offers a variety of security capabilities, including:
- Correlated threat intelligence from multiple sources and telemetry a
- Automated threat hunting
- Automated workflows
- Operational and threat metrics
Cisco launched SecureX in June. Since that time, Cisco has reported several milestones among SecureX users, including:
- 95 percent reduction in time to detect cyber threats
- 85 percent reduction in time to remediate threats
- Time savings of up to six hours per week on incident response for more than 50 percent of users
Cisco has added more than 1,000 SecureX customers per month since its launch, the company noted. Also, more than 4,000 organizations have used SecureX to date.