Cymulate has brought to market a new Exposure Analytics solution that organizations can use to "run an informed, continuous threat exposure management (CTEM) program," the company announced in a prepared statement.
CTEM programs are able to understand the severity of security exposures, find ways to remediate these issues and foster communication and collaboration between business and technical teams, Cymulate noted. These programs can also help organizations ingest and contextualize exposure data and get the most value out of it.
How Cymulate's Exposure Analytics Solution Works
Cymulate's Exposure Analytics solution helps organizations utilize exposure data to understand, track and improve their security posture, the company said. The solution was developed in alignment with the following CTEM program pillars:
- Scoping helps an organization understand its industry, the risk posture of its business systems and security tools and its susceptibility to threats so it can identify what programs are needed to reduce or manage its risk scores and tolerance.
- Discovery allows an organization to correlate analysis from Cymulate and multi-vendor data to assess its on-premises and cloud attack surfaces, risky assets, attack paths and vulnerabilities.
- Prioritization gives an organization vulnerability prioritization and remediation guidance based on multi-vendor aggregated data.
- Validation enables an organization to analyze the severity of its exposures, integrity of its security tools and its ability to use security validation assessment data to remediate threats.
- Mobilization allows an organization to use Cymulate's contextualized data to understand various incident response outcomes and establish and track its performance against security baselines, benchmarks and risk profiles.
Avihai Ben-Yossef, Cymulate's chief technology officer, commented on Exposure Analytics and what it means for his company's customers:
"Cymulate has always taken an attacker's view on cybersecurity defense... This latest announcement provides customers with a centralized tool that leverages data collected from the Cymulate platform and other third-party exposure data sources and contextualizes it for scoping security risk, prioritizing remediation, tracking the performance of cybersecurity initiatives and effectively communicating risk."
What Exposure Analytics Accomplishes
Exposure Analytics can be deployed on its own to provide organizations with centralized intelligence and visibility into their security posture and business context to help them develop and maintain CTEM programs, Cymulate indicated.
In addition, Exposure Analytics can be deployed as part of the Cymulate Exposure Management and Security Validation Platform to merge the traditional vulnerability-based view of risk with the "attacker's view" of an attack surface, Cymulate said. As a result, organizations can use Exposure Analytics and the Exposure Management and Security Validation Platform together to optimize their CTEM programs.
Cymulate specializes in exposure management and security validation. Along with its Exposure Analytics and Exposure Management and Security Validation Platform offerings, Cymulate provides an Attack Surface Management (ASM) solution and other security solutions. Cymulate also is a member of the Trend Micro Vision One ecosystem and offers a partner program for MSSPs.