Dell Technologies is enhancing the security software of its PowerStore all-flash data storage array to help organizations adopt zero trust security architecture, the company announced in a prepared statement.
The PowerStore security software enhancements include:
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) meet configuration standards as defined by the U.S. federal government and Department of Defense.
- Secure and immutable snapshots prevent unauthorized deletion or modification of snapshots before they expire.
- File permissions allow storage administrators to manage access from PowerStore to respond to threats.
- Increased file resiliency with up to four times more mounted snapshots per system give users more protection points for granular recovery.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) protects administrative access to PowerStore by requiring multiple authentication factors to verify a user's identity.
These enhancements help organizations develop security architecture that "provides continuous verification of users and resources to ensure the authorization of only known entities and actions," Dell said.
Dell Unveils PowerStore Software Automation and Multicloud Advancements
Along with its PowerStore security software enhancements, Dell has announced the following PowerStore advancements designed to help organizations get the most value out of their IT investments:
- Dell PowerProtect native integration allows organizations to configure backups in less than two minutes from the PowerStore user interface.
- Integrations with Ansible and Terraform help DevOps workers automate storage provisioning processes without low-level coding or help desk support.
- New application mobility capabilities with Dell Container Storage Modules provide flexible storage automation to help PowerStore customers drive innovation.
PowerStore is now available with ENERGY STAR-certified configurations to provide "dramatic increases in both density and performance per watt as the most energy efficient PowerStore system to date," Dell noted.
Dells Extends Its Cybersecurity Market Reach
The PowerStore updates come after Dell in March 2023 unveiled cybersecurity-centric solutions and services that can help organizations protect against threats, respond to attacks and secure their devices, systems and clouds, the company stated. These solutions and services included:
- Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Pro Plus, a fully managed security operations solution.
- Dell SafeGuard and Response with CrowdStrike Falcon to help organizations protect their endpoints, cloud workloads, identities and data.
- Secured Component Verification on Cloud, which allows Dell to generate a digital certificate that documents PC components and enables organizations' IT teams to verify the integrity of their computers' components.
Previously, Dell in March 2023 partnered with CrowdStrike that allows organizations to purchase Falcon with volume licensing. Dell also has plans to open a Zero Trust Center of Excellence and continues to promote zero trust cyber protection.