Exabeam, a security information and event management (SIEM) company, and agentless device security provider Armis now provide an integrated solution that enables IT cybersecurity teams to identify and monitor the behavior of unmanaged and Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
The integrated solution imports alerts and data about IoT devices from Armis into the Exabeam Security Management Platform (SMP), the companies stated. Then, Exabeam places Armis security alerts in the context of Exabeam Smart Timelines to help organizations automate security investigations and detect cyberattacks that involve lateral movement.
In addition, the integrated solution allows organizations to retrieve information about managed and unmanaged assets across their networks, the companies said. This ensures that organizations can use the solution to prioritize security alerts and initiate security investigations.
How Does the Integrated Solution Work?
The integrated solution uses the following process to help organizations secure their unmanaged and IoT devices:
- Armis discovers and classifies an organization's unmanaged and IoT devices.
- Armis sends this information to Exabeam, which aggregates and analyzes it alongside data from other security products.
- Exabeam leverages user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA) to establish baselines for normal user and device activity and automatically detects deviations from these baselines.
- Risk is added to any relevant user or entity for each anomalous activity detected.
- Cyber threats are automatically prioritized by risk score.
- Exabeam consolidates Armis data with third-party security solutions' information to create machine-built incident timelines for threat investigation.
The integrated solution extends SMP's visibility into IoT devices, according to Exabeam. It also enables organizations to use the Exabeam Entity Analytics behavioral analytics solution to detect complex threats on devices and identify and investigate advanced threats on IoT devices.
Exabeam Unveils MSSP, MDR Provider Practice for Partner Program
Along with launching an integrated solution in conjunction with Armis, Exabeam recently added a practice for MSSPs and managed detection and response (MDR) providers to the Exabeam Partner Program.
MSSPs and MDR providers can join the Exabeam Partner Program to use SMP for threat detection and response, the company indicated. They also can partner with Exabeam to incorporate the Exabeam SaaS Cloud platform into their portfolios.