Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, May 5, 2017:
7. Partner Programs - Security: LogRhythm has launched a new Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program. It's designed to foster interoperability to deliver a more complete security solution for customers, and build awareness around the value of technology integrations, the company said. Initial members include Cisco, Carbon Black, Palo Alto Networks, Gigamon and Check Point, according to LogRhythm.
6. Security Breach: Sabre, the travel services company, is investigating a breach of its hospitality solutions reservation system, according to an SEC filing.
5. Phishing Attack: The University of Southern Mississippi is warning students, faculty and administrators about an email phishing attack that targeted campus inboxes in April.
4. Security & ServiceNow: OneLogin, an identity management provider, has integrated with ServiceNow Express -- an IT management solution for small and midsize businesses.
3. Foolish Thoughts: IT managers within SMB companies say price is the most important factor when buying endpoint security, according to a Vipre survey. We'll share more thoughts soon...
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Friday, May 5 — quite a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day in mid-2017.