Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, June 2, 2017:
8. Security Conferences: Do you plan to attend cybersecurity conferences in Q3 (July-September). If so, send me the conference names and dates ([email protected]). We'll consider them for a special project we're working on. And perhaps we'll have the opportunity to meet you face to face.
7. Managed SIEM Services: Deloitte Canada's managed security services will leverage LogRhythm for its cybersecurity practices. We'll share more details soon.
6. Ransomware: Carnegie Mellon University's SEI blog offers this detailed guidance on how to avoid and/or mitigate ransomware. There's a lot of advice out there, folks. But when the SEI blog talks you should listen...
5. Security Breach: This one involves OneLogin, which disclosed a breach involving a "malicious actor" who obtained to the password management company's U.S. operating region.
4. Managed Security: Nominum will offer managed security services to LR Data Center and Solutions LR Data, a telecom- and jurisdiction-neutral technology services provider that hosts several internet gaming sites throughout Asia.
3. Fighting Words: Carbon Black has penned an open letter to Cylance, welcoming the cybersecurity company to EDR (endpoint detection and response) market. I'm not quite sure why rivals feel the need to call each other out. Win on your own merits. But maybe that's just me...
2. IoT Security Breaches: Nearly half of U.S. firms using an Internet of Things (IoT) network have been hit by a recent security breach, which can cost up to 13% of smaller companies’ annual revenues, according to new survey data released today by strategy consulting firm Altman Vilandrie & Company.
1.Funding: Dell Technologies Capital has invested in RiskRecon, a Salt Lake City, Calif.-based SaaS provider of objective, vendor security assessments and insights. The Series A funding round raised $12 million.