Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, June 12, 2017:
6. MobileIron Allegedly Hides Hack?: MobileIron Inc.'s $7.5 million deal resolving a proposed shareholder class action alleging the mobile data security firm hid that it had been hacked weeks before its June 2014 initial public offering, finding the recovery amount is fair and significant, Law360 reported.
5. Cars and Cybersecurity: The automotive cybersecurity market will be worth more than $31.8 million in 2021, according to Markets and Markets. That's a 13.2 percent compound annual growth rate from 2016 to 2021. Ummm. The figures sound very conservative to us. True believers in the market include Karamba Security, which is developing an endpoint security solution for connected cars.
4. Midmarket Threat Report: eSentire's SOC (security operations center) detected nearly 4 million attacks across multiple midmarket industries in Q1, according to the company's Q1 threat report. Intrusion attempts and information gathering accounted for three quarters of observed attacks, the report said. We'll share more details soon.
3. Hacked Homebuyer?: A person in Tampa, Florida, could lose her home after an alleged hack that stole her payment for the property more than a year ago...
2. GDPR Impact and CSPs: Many cloud service providers (CSPs) are underestimating the impact of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) set to go into effect next year, according to new research from International Data Corp. (IDC). We'll share more thoughts soon.
1 . Security Operations Center: Sources say Continuum has started to beta test a Security Operations Center (SOC) designed for MSPs to leverage. Not by coincidence, Continuum has started to evangelize MSSP services and associated cybersecurity education to MSPs... CEO Michael George has hinted about the potential SOC deployment since late 2016.