Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, June 13, 2017:
12. SMB Security & Cyber Insurance: GamaSec has launched a GamaSure PLUS website security package, which offers SMBs cloud-based protection, remediation-as-a-service, and a Data Breach Limited Warranty powered by Assurant.
11. Qualys Enhancement: Qualys Inc. has announced Security Configuration Assessment (SCA), an add-on for Vulnerability Management (VM) that gives customers and partners the ability to assess, report and remediate security-related configuration issues leveraging latest CIS security benchmarks.
9. Zimperium & Microsoft: Zimperium, which develops enterprise mobile threat defense (MTD) solutions, has unveiled an integration with Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS). The effort includes a Microsoft Intune integration.
7. Security M&A: IP Risk Control has signed a letter of intent to acquire Araloc's assets from Modevity. Araloc is a secure digital content distribution and communications platform that protects an organization's confidential content and intellectual property assets from leakage -- malicious or accidental -- without impacting communications and collaboration between all stakeholders, IP Risk Control claims. Financial terms were not disclosed.
6. BlackBerry & European Union Compliance: BlackBerry is partnering with VoxSmart to offer a combined endpoint security and compliance solution to financial industry businesses with European clients, according to IT World Canada. The solution confirms with the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II (MiFID II), which activates January 3, 2018 in the European Union and the U.K.
5. Malware as a Service Targets Apple Macs: MacSpy and MacRansom are two early variants of malware-as-a-service portals targeting Apple macOS users, according to AlienVault. DarkReading offers more details here.
4. Potential AlienVault IPO?: Although there hasn't been an official announcement, keep an eye on AlienVault for a potential IPO over the next few months, according to SiliconUK. The company is adding about 600 new customers per month and expects to reach about 8,500 customer by year's end, the report says. We'll share more thoughts soon.
3. Partner Program: Cybereason, an endpoint security specialist has launched a Global Partner Program in the Americas, EMEA and APAC. The Program is aimed at identifying, recruiting and compensating VARs, MSPs, system integrators and technology alliance partners. VP of Channels Gregg Henebry is driving the effort.
2. Gartner Honors SIEM Vendors: LogRhythm (gold), LogPoint (silver) and Splunk (bronze), along with AlienVault, HPE and IBM (honorable mentions), have earned Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards for Security Information & Event Management.
1. Clinton Foundation Hacker Sentenced: Timothy Sedlak's concerted but failed attempts at hacking the Clinton Foundation has triggered an 18-month prison sentence, although he may not see any extra time behind bars since he’s already serving 42 years for child pornography that Secret Service found after seizing a slew of computers and electronic equipment from his residence in 2015, Politico reported.