Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, September 21, 2017:
6. Industrial Control Security: NTT Security has launched “IT/OT Integrated Security Services." They are delivered via a combination of both Consulting Services (CS) and Managed Security Services (MSS). Consulting Services (CS) visualize components and potential risks of an industrial control system, and provides effective and efficient security measures, NTT says. The Managed Security Service (MSS) provides proactive defense for industrial control system by continuously monitoring, detecting and blocking a cyberattack, the company adds.
5. Verizon Managed Security Services: Verizon has selected Vidder, a Trusted Access Control specialist, as a core part of the Verizon Enterprise Solutions Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) offering.
4. Sophos Cloud Security Partner Program: Sophos has expanded its Partner Program to offer training, certification and financial incentives that help channel partners support customers using or migrating to the public cloud.
3. Platform Upgrade: WatchGuard Technologies, which develops network security solutions, has upgraded its cloud-based Threat Detection and Response (TDR) service for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), distributed enterprises, and managed security service providers (MSSPs).
2. Managed Security Services: VirtualArmour has upgraded its CloudCastr client portal to give customers more real-time information about their device health, threat mapping and support ticketing.
1. M&A: Ann Arbor Networks and Bluetrain Computers have merged to form A2 CyberSecurity, a managed security services provider. A2, based in Stony Point, New York, is backed by former AlienVault and Barracuda Networks team members.