Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, June 22, 2017:
6. MSSP Solutions: Mnemonic, an MSSP in Norway, has selected Netscout Systems' nGenius Packet Flow System to bolster its managed security services with packet visibility capabilities, the two companies say.
5. Merger - Identity and Access Management: IAM specialists ProofID Ltd (Manchester, England) and PEGRight Inc. (U.S.) are merging in a $5 million deal that will create a combined company with 48 employees. The company's valuation will be $23 million, according to an official announcement.
4. Funding: CloudPost Networks, a developer of security and risk management software for IoT devices, has raised $4 million in seed funding led by Wing Venture Capital. Private investors include Dan Warmenhoven, former executive chairman and CEO of NetApp; Dominic Orr, most recently president at Aruba, a HPE company; Pankaj Patel, former EVP & CDO of Cisco; and Prakash Bhalerao, an entrepreneur and venture capitalist.
3. Hackers Attack Microsoft Skype: Microsoft has been hit by a global Skype outage that has reportedly been caused by a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack. The outage has affected calls to mobiles and landlines, as well as messaging, Computer Business Review reported. The problems began on Monday, with a hacker group dubbed CyberTeam having claimed responsibility for causing the widespread outage, the report said.
2. Meet MSSP Alert at Black Hat Conference: We're set to grab some time with AlienVault, Cylance, Sophos, Webroot during the Black Hat USA 2017 conference in late July. Want to potentially meet MSSP Alert at the conference? Please email me to see if we can confirm a meeting time and place. My one request: Your company has to have an intense focus on the MSSP partner and customer ecosystem.
1. The Top MSSPs Worldwide?: Which companies are the top MSSPs across the globe? We're working on a survey and research report to find the answers and honor the best performers. Complete our survey now and your company could be honored when we reveal results in September.