Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, September 26, 2017:
7. Microsoft Cloud Security: Rackspace's Fanatical Support for Microsoft Azure now includes Payment Card Industry (PCI) workloads on Azure. Moreover, Rackspace Managed Security Services is also now available for Microsoft Hyper-V. Also of note: Accenture, Avanade and Microsoft have launched a strategic alliance to offer cybersecurity solutions for Azure and other Microsoft platforms. Accenture ranks among the world's Top 100 MSSPs. We'll share more details about those various cybersecurity announcements later today.
6. SEC Hack Testimony: During testimony today, SEC Chairman Jay Clayton is expected to tell a Senate Banking Committee hearing that he belatedly found out about an SEC hack in August — about three months after the hack was confirmed by SEC employees, Reuters says. The SEC yesterday launched a cybersecurity unit to help restore investor confidence in the organization.
5. IoT & Network Security: Comodo has launched a PKI platform for IoT devices and networks. The Comodo IoT Security Platform will allow device manufacturers and network providers to issue and manage PKI and SSL certificates for private ecosystems, the company says.
4. FireEye Endpoint Protection: FireEye has launched FireEye Endpoint 4.0. The latest version of FireEye Endpoint is designed to deliver multiple integrated threat detection/prevention capabilities, rather than relying on one specific approach to threat prevention, the company says.
3. Security Partnership Part One: Signal Sciences has joined the Splunk Adaptive Response Initiative, which includes multiple cybersecurity technology vendors. Splunk positions Adaptive Response as a best-of-breed security initiative that leverages end-to-end context and automated, continuous response to help organizations better analyze, assess and respond to advanced attacks within their Security Operations Center (SOC). The news surfaced at Splunk .conf 2017.
2. Security Partnership Part Two: CyberDefenses, which delivers military-grade managed security services, has added Ziften’s systems and security operations (SysSecOps) platform, Zenith, to its Threat Hunting and Response service. Zenith provides visibility and control for client devices, servers, and cloud VMs, the companies say.
1. Top 100 MSSP Milestone: CARVIR now offers managed security services to more than 400 MSPs worldwide, the company disclosed today. The milestone arrives after only about one year in business. Based on MSSP Alert's recent worldwide survey, CARVIR now ranks among the world's Top 100 MSSPs. We'll announce actual rankings this Thursday during our Sept. 28 webcast.