Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, August 31, 2017:
5. Authentication: SecureAuth has introduced additional multi-factor authentication (MFA) methods, including Link-to-Accept via SMS or email, and YubiKey, the FIDO Universal Second-Factor (U2F) security key by Yubico. The efforts are designed to free customers from password management, the company says.
4. Funding: LookingGlass, which develops threat intelligence-driven security, has raised $26.3 million in mezzanine funding and incremental venture capital. Among the big focus areas: Engaging more MSSPs. Over 40 companies and MSSPs leverage the company's service. True believers include CenturyLink.
3. Big Breach: CEX has suffered a major breach. We'll share more details later today.
2. Massive Email Breach: A massive spambot computer program has exposed 711 million email addresses and a number of passwords, according to security researcher Troy Hunt. We'll share more details soon.
1. Pace Maker Cybersecurity: Abbott Laboratories released updates this week to heart devices that have been dogged by potentially life-threatening battery problems and cybersecurity questions, according to the Chicago Tribune.