Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Secure Internet Gateway: Avast has launched Business Secure Internet Gateway (SIG). The cloud-based solution supports in-line inspection of all web and Internet traffic, firewall, and sandboxing capabilities with full SSL/TLS inspection.
2. Managed Threat Detection and Response (MDR): Sophos has launched Managed Threat Response (MTR), a fully managed threat hunting, detection and response service. Sophos has vowed to position the service for partner MSPs and MSSPs -- rather than competing with such partners.
3. Funding - Password Elimination: HYPR has closed $18.3 million in Series B financing led by Comcast Ventures, bringing the company’s total funding to more than $32 million. HYPR's security platform strives to eliminate the need for passwords.
4. Funding - Risk Management: Kenna Security of San Francisco has raised $48 million in Series D funding. The company provides enterprise risk-based vulnerability management solutions.
5. DNS Security: WatchGuard Technologies has released DNSWatchGO, a cloud-based security service that detects and blocks phishing attacks, command and control callbacks and data exfiltration attempts against users both inside and outside the network perimeter.
6. Research - Industrial Control System (ICS) Security: The three main cyber threats detected in energy Industrial Control System (ICS) environments included worms (7.1%), spyware (3.7%) and cryptocurrency miners (2.9%), according to Kaspersky's ICE CERT research report.
7. Research - State of Ransomware: In the first nine months of 2019, at least 621 government entities, healthcare service providers and school districts, colleges and universities were affected by ransomware, according to research from Emsisoft.
8. Research - Mergers, Acquisitions and Data Breaches: How does a data breach impact a company's M&A valuation. This research may provide some answers.
9. Biometric Security: ImageWare Systems has launched GoVerifyID, an end-to-end biometric authentication solution, for Apple macOS.
10. Talent - Endpoint Security: SentinelOne, an autonomous endpoint protection company, has named Divya Ghatak as Chief People Officer and re-hired Raj Rajamani as Chief Product Officer.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Research - Threat Intelligence: A new Threat Intelligence Spotlight report highlights the increasing sophistication of modern malware, according to report authors eSentire (a Top 200 MSSP and Top 20 MDR provider) and endpoint security provider Carbon Black (set to be acquired by VMware).
2. Cyber Risk Management: S-RM Intelligence and Risk Consulting plans to leverage Cytegic's rapid cyber risk quantification capabilities across global markets and the insurance industry.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- McAfee MPOWER Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (October 1-3, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 7-10, Washington, D.C.)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.