Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Company Achievement: TrueFort has been certified by CIS Benchmarks to provide test and validation services that compare an organization’s defensive configurations against the consensus-based best practice standards contained in the CIS Benchmarks. "CIS best practices are globally recognized as the gold standard for implementing and managing cybersecurity defenses,” said TrueFort CEO Sameer Malhotra.
2. SecurityScorecard Joins WEF: Cybersecurity ratings specialist SecurityScorecard has joined the World Economic Forum's (WEF) Global Innovators Community. The Global Innovators Community is an invitation-only group of the world’s most promising start-ups and scale-ups that are at the forefront of ethical technological and business model innovation.
3. Lucidum Achieves SOC 2: Lucidum, a cyber asset attack surface management platform, has achieved SOC 2 Type 2 compliance in accordance with American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) standards for Systems and Organization Controls (SOC).
4. Company Milestone: Anchor Technologies, a specialist in cyber risk planning and breach prevention, is celebrating its 20th year in business. Anchor Technologies is a technology-enabled service provider, supporting organizations in a planned approach to cybersecurity.
5. Cybersecurity Partnership: INTEGRITY Security Services (ISS) has entered into a partnership with SaeSol Tech (SST) to deliver industry-leading security technology to automotive manufacturers to protect connected and autonomous vehicles. The partnership brings together ISS's automotive security platforms for Device Lifecycle Management (DLM) and Vehicle-to-Anything (V2X) connectivity with expert integration, support and development services for global automotive manufacturers.
6. Hacker Alert: A new malware campaign is using sensitive information stolen from a bank as a lure in phishing emails to drop a remote access trojan called BitRAT. The unknown adversary is believed to have hijacked the IT infrastructure of a Colombian cooperative bank, using the information to craft convincing decoy messages to lure victims into opening suspicious Excel attachments. (Source: The Hacker News)
7. Ransomware Update: Rackspace Technology has confirmed the threat actor known as Play was behind the ransomware attack that disrupted email access for its hosted exchange customers in early December. The threat actor was identified following a forensic investigation led by CrowdStrike, the FBI and other experts. (Source: Cybersecurity Dive)
8. Cyberattack Reported: The Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles announced that it has been hit by an apparent cyberattack that has disrupted its systems. The ransomware group Lockbit claims to have hacked the agency, according to TechCrunch. (Source: Los Angeles Daily News)