Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Product Launch: Sumo Logic, a SaaS analytics platform provider, has announced a number of new innovations and updates that help users accelerate troubleshooting and security across AWS environments. Sumo Logic’s AI-powered SaaS Log Analytics Platform unifies logs, metrics, traces and metadata through a single platform to help ensure mission-critical apps are reliable and secure across AWS environments, the company said.
2. Industry Recognition: Bitdefender announced that it achieved "remarkable success" in the AV-Comparatives’ Advanced Threat Protection Test, excelling in both the Enterprise and Consumer categories. Bitdefender attained the highest score of all vendors evaluated showcasing superior capabilities in blocking advanced threats, the company said.
3. Security Partnership: NuHarbor Security, a managed security provider (MSP), has partnered with RavenTek, a provider of IT solutions, to offer a unified approach to Splunk security and IT observability to public sector clients. NuHarbor and RavenTek are both Elite partners in the Splunk partner ecosystem, and the combined offering encourages a cohesive and streamlined delivery of security and observability — both critical capabilities that can suffer when performed by unaligned providers, the businesses said.
4. Leadership Move: TD SYNNEX has named Patrick Zammit as chief operating officer, reporting to company CEO Rich Hume, effective January 1. In this new role, Zammit will coordinate the company’s business strategy to drive profitable growth across all technologies, geographies and vendors, and to accelerate the adoption of new, high-growth technologies around the globe, the company said.
5. Security Partnership: The Global Mining and Metals Information Sharing Analysis Center and AttackIQ, a breach and attack simulation specialist, has announced a new partnership to help organizations validate security controls in the mining and metals industry "without the need for expensive and time-consuming manual testing."
6. Leadership Move: Cyber incident response firm Surefire Cyber has appointed Karla Reffold as chief product officer. In this role, Reffold will drive the Surefire Cyber's efforts to leverage its tech-enabled platform to deliver valuable data and relevant insights to clients, insurance carriers and law firms.
7. Deal Maker: DynTek and rSolutions, a provider of professional IT services, cybersecurity and risk management solutions throughout North America, has acquired Arctiq, a cloud, DevOps and automation solution integrator.
8. Europe Adopts Cyber Rules: European Union countries and lawmakers on Thursday agreed to rules to protect laptops, refrigerators, mobile apps and smart devices connected to the internet. Proposed by the European Commission in September 2022, the Cyber Resilience Act will apply to all products connected either directly or indirectly to another device or to a network. (Source: Reuters)
9. Cybercriminal Pleads Guilty: A Russian national who was extradited to the United States from South Korea earlier this year pleaded guilty on Thursday to federal charges stemming from his role in a cybercriminal organization, the U.S. Department of Justice said. Prosecutors say Vladimir Dunaev, 40, was a member of a cybercriminal organization that deployed the Trickbot computer banking trojan and ransomware suite of malware.