Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Ransomware Attack: A global ransomware outbreak has impacted servers belonging to Florida's Supreme Court and several universities in the United States and Central Europe, according to a Reuters analysis of ransom notes posted online to stricken servers. These organizations are among more than 3,800 victims of a fast-spreading digital extortion campaign that locked up thousands of servers in Europe recently. (Source: Reuters)
2. Product Release: Torq has introduced Parallel Loop, a new capability that enables users to easily process bulk data from various security tools. Torq's platform helps MSSPs automate the monitoring and management of security devices and systems to safeguard customer assets. Parallel Loop further improves this process, the company said.
3. Leadership Move: Booz Allen Hamilton has appointed Andrew Turner to lead the firm’s Global Commercial business. In this role, Turner will deliver an integrated vision of Booz Allen’s cybersecurity services, including strategy, risk management, incident response, cyber defense, cloud and operational technology. Turner joined Booz Allen in 2020 and previously served as the chief technology officer and market strategy lead for the Global Commercial business. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
4. Ransomware Guidance: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the FBI have released a joint Cybersecurity Advisory. The advisory, ESXiArgs Ransomware Virtual Machine Recovery Guidance. describes the ongoing ransomware campaign known as “ESXiArgs.” Malicious cyber actors may be exploiting known vulnerabilities in unpatched and out-of-service or out-of-date versions of VMware ESXi software to gain access to ESXi servers and deploy ESXiArgs ransomware.
5. Deal Brewing: Noventiq, a global digital transformation and cybersecurity solutions and services provider, have signed a letter of intent with Corner Growth Acquisition Corp. to proceed with a potential merger that would result in the combined company being publicly listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange.
6. Cyberattack Reported: Indigo Books & Music, the largest bookstore chain in Canada, was struck by a cyberattack this week, which made the company's website unavailable to customers. The exact nature of the incident remains unclear, but Indigo is not ruling out that hackers may have stolen customer data. (Source: Bleeping Computer)
7. Industry Recognition: MSSP Cerberus Cyber Sentinel Corporation announced that it has achieved SOC 2 Type II certification following its annual audit. The SOC 2 Type II certification, recognized by businesses and organizations as a symbol of trust and excellence, is an in-depth review of controls relevant to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy and provides compliance attestation for service providers worldwide, the company said.