Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Talent Move: D3 Security, a specialist in next-generation security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR), announced that Michael Lyons has joined the company as its chief revenue officer. Most recently, Lyons was vice president of Global Channel and MSP/MSSP at Avanan, a cloud email security company acquired by Check Point in 2021.
2. Leadership Hire: Cato Networks announced that Frank Rauch has joined the company global channel chief. With more than 30 years of leadership experience, Rauch has led, developed, managed and grown global partner ecosystems at Check Point, VMware and HPE, the company stated.
3. MSP Research: Kaspersky has released a new report detailing the needs, priorities and goals of MSPs in North America in 2023. Overwhelmingly, the results found that the most important characteristic MSPs look for in vendors is price, as 89% of respondents listed price as their top priority. Full-time technical support was also a major consideration (58%).
4. Cybersecurity Partnership: Lumu, creators of the Continuous Compromise Assessment cybersecurity model that empowers organizations to measure compromise in near real-time, has joined the Fortinet Fabric-Ready Partner Program as a Technology Alliance Partner. The companies recently completed the first integration between Lumu Defender and Fortinet's FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW).
5. Product Launch: Hughes Network Systems will debut the Hughes Active Power Edge and showcase its suite of managed services at Retail’s Big Show 2023. The first-of-its-kind power distribution unit (PDU) designed for managed services, the Active Power Edge represents the latest Hughes innovation to make networks smarter, more reliable and higher performing for enterprise customers, the company stated.
6. Major Contract Awarded: High Wire Networks, a global provider of managed security and technology enablement services, has secured an expanded three-year, $300,000 contract renewal to provide its Overwatch managed cybersecurity services for a global aerospace company. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
7. Tufin Names New CEO: Tufin, a network security policy management and continuous compliance automation specialist, has appointed Raymond Brancato as CEO. Brancato has more than 27 years of experience developing and executing go-to-market strategies in the technology industry. He succeeds Ruvi Kitov as CEO, who is retiring from the role after 19 years, the company stated.
8. Industry Award: Versa Networks, a single-vendor Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) specialist, announced that its Versa SASE won the 2022 CyberSecured Award in the Network Security awards category for its 5G Edge capability.
9. Cybersecurity Collaboration: KnowBe4, a security awareness training and simulated phishing platform provider, announced that its new SecurityCoach product integrates with the CrowdStrike Falcon platform. KnowBe4 and CrowdStrike are collaborating to help reduce high risk behavior by leveraging CrowdStrike's security telemetry to discover security incidents.