Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cyber Insurance Research: Measured Analytics and Insurance (Measured AI), an AI-powered cyber insurance provider to small and midsize enterprises, has released it white paper, "How Generative AI Will Transform Cyber Insurance in the Next 24 Months." Measured AI's research highlights the power of generative AI to revolutionize cyber insurance, delving into innovative applications in underwriting, risk assessment and claims processing that will improve cybersecurity, reduce risk and increase customer satisfaction.
2. Generative AI Product Launch: Rubrik has brought to market Rubrik Ruby, the generative AI companion for Rubrik Security Cloud. Rubrik will leverage Microsoft’s Azure OpenAI in combination with its machine learning-driven Data Threat Engine, to help discover, investigate, remediate and report on cyber incidents.
3. "Military-Grade" Cybersecurity: Cyemptive Technologies announced that it has launched a new website featuring its military-grade cybersecurity solutions for business and government. “Cyemptive’s military-grade solutions offer business and government entities the outside-the-box innovation needed to level the playing field in any meaningful way against the world’s malicious cyber actors,” said Vince Dova, former Branch Chief for Cyber Policy and Capabilities at the Joint Chiefs of Staff and a retired U.S. Navy Commander, who serves as Cyemptive’s vice president of security.
4. CISA-Korea Form Security Partnership: Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Director Jen Easterly and the Republic of Korea’s Deputy Director of the National Intelligence Service (NIS) Baek Jong-wook have signed a Memorandum of Understanding outlining areas for collaboration under the bilateral Cyber Framework signed by President Biden and Republic of Korea President Yoon in April. The framework affirms cooperation with Korea in key CISA mission areas to include sharing technical and operational cyber threat information and best practices in cyber crisis management. In June, senior leaders from both countries determined that CISA and NIS would co-lead a Framework Action Group on critical infrastructure. This Action Group will also bring together Korea’s Ministry of Science and ICT and other USG departments and agencies.
5. Malware Alert: Malicious Python packages masquerading as legitimate code obfuscation tools are targeting developers via the PyPI code repository. BlazeStealer is particularly concerning because it can exfiltrate host data, steal passwords, launch keyloggers, encrypt files and execute host commands. (Source: Dark Reading)
6. Cloud Security Product Launch: Palo Alto Networks has introduced Strata Cloud Manager, an AI-powered zero trust management and operations solution. Palo Alto Networks also announced a suite of advanced security capabilities in addition to five new next-generation firewalls.
7. Lockbit Publishes Stolen Boeing Data: Internal data from defense and aerospace company Boeing was published online on November 10 by cybercrime gang Lockbit, which extorts its victims by stealing and releasing data unless a ransom is paid. The hackers in October said they had obtained "a tremendous amount" of sensitive data from the aerospace giant and would dump it online if Boeing didn't pay a ransom by November 2. (Source: Reuters)
8. Mobile Security Product Launch: Symmetrium, a mobile data governance and security platform provider, has unveiled its instant messaging (IM) and SMS data protection solution, which eliminates the corporate security and compliance risks associated with IM usage by employees, the company said.