Each business day MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Recognition: ClearDATA, a healthcare cloud security specialist, has been declared a winner in the 2023-2024 Cloud Awards program in the Best Cloud Consultancy or MSP category. The Cloud Awards has recognized and honored innovation in cloud computing since 2011, spanning diverse industry sectors and welcoming submissions from organizations across the globe.
2. Fraud Security Partnership: Darwinium, a specialist in next-generation digital security and fraud prevention, has announced a collaboration using AtData’s email address intelligence. Darwinium’s customers will now have access to AtData’s insights into the individuals behind an email address to power strategic risk decisions. The partnership will serve as a force multiplier in fraud risk mitigation, the companies said.
3. Industry Recognition: CrowdStrike has been named a Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms (EPP) for the fourth consecutive time. Of the 16 vendors evaluated in the report, CrowdStrike placed furthest right for Completeness of Vision and highest for Ability to Execute.
4. Canadian Security Partnership: SecurityScorecard, specialist in security ratings, is partnering with the Canadian Centre for Cyber Security. SecurityScorecard is delivering security ratings with continuous real time monitoring to manage cyber risk across Canada’s critical infrastructure.
5. Product Launch: Entrust has launched its Post-Quantum Ready PKI-as-a-Service platform, Entrust PKIaaS, marking the first commercially available platform of its type, according to the company. With this launch, companies can now provide both composite and pure quantum-safe certificate authority hierarchies, test or implement quantum-safe scenarios and infrastructure and issue quantum safe certificates in minutes.
6. World Economic Security Partnership: Securonix, a Unified Defense SIEM specialist, has joined the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Unicorn community. As a Unicorn community member, Securonix will engage with the Centre for Cybersecurity and provide insights and guidance to reinforce the importance of cybersecurity as a strategic business imperative and drive global public-private action to address systemic cybersecurity challenges.
7. Automotive Security Partnership: VicOne, an automotive cybersecurity solutions specialist, is partnering with BlackBerry to strengthen the cybersecurity posture of the automotive ecosystem. By leveraging machine learning (ML) processing at the edge and cloud-controlled access to vehicle data, the partnership will enable car manufacturers and software developers to investigate and distinguish costly cyberattacks from other non-malicious events in fewer steps.
8. Cyber Risk Assessment Offering: Managed detection and response (MDR) provider Critical Start has released Critical Start Risk Assessments, which automatically aligns risk assessments to industry frameworks, such as the National Institute of Standards and Technology Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF), benchmarks against peers, and stack-ranks recommendations for improvement.