Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Recognition: Palo Alto Networks has been named a Leader in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls. Palo Alto Networks was among the 17 vendors that Gartner evaluated for its 2022 Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls." (Source: Seeking Alpha)
2. Cybersecurity Deal: High Wire Networks, a provider of managed security and technology enablement services, has secured an expanded three-year, $300,000 contract renewal to deliver its Overwatch managed cybersecurity services for a global aerospace company. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
3. Cyber Incident: Britain's Royal Mail said on January 11 it was facing severe disruption to its international export services following what it described as "a cyber incident." Royal Mail advised customers to temporarily hold any export mail items while it works to resolve the issue. (Source: Reuters)
4. Hack Triggers Lawsuit: The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has sued law firm Covington & Burling seeking details about nearly 300 of the firm's clients whose information was accessed or stolen by hackers in a previously undisclosed cyberattack. Hackers associated with the Hafnium cyber-espionage group, with alleged ties to the Chinese government, gained access to Covington’s computer networks around November 2020, according to a lawsuit filed January by the SEC.
5. Industry Recognition: Difenda has achieved Microsoft verified Managed Extended Detection and Response (MXDR) solution status. Difenda stated that it "has proven their robust MXDR services, including a security operation center (SOC) with 24/7/365 proactive hunting, monitoring and response capabilities all built on tight integrations with the Microsoft Security platform."
6. Red Canary Recognition: Red Canary announced new integrations with Microsoft Sentinel and Microsoft Defender for Cloud, enabling Red Canary to detect threats earlier and stop them faster for Microsoft customers 24x7. Red Canary was also recognized as the winner of the Microsoft Security Trailblazer Award at the Microsoft Security Excellence Awards in 2022.
7. Cybersecurity Research: New research from Hornetsecurity found that 33% of companies are not providing any cybersecurity awareness training to users who work remotely. The study also revealed that 74% of remote staff have access to critical data, and 44% of respondents said their organization plans to increase the percentage of employees that work remotely.
8. Celerium Gains AWS Status: Celerium has joined the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Sector Partner (PSP) Program and completed the AWS Foundational Technical Review (FTR) of its Cyber Defense Network (CDN) solution. The AWS PSP Program recognizes AWS Partners with cloud-based solutions and experience to support public sector industries including government and education.
9. Cybersecurity Partnership: Vijilan announced that it has become a CrowdStrike Powered Service Provider (CPSP) partner. Vijilan will deliver managed endpoint detection and response (EDR) and managed observability services powered by the CrowdStrike Falcon platform to its partner communities of IT professionals and managed service providers.