Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Check Point Product Release and More: Check Point Software Technologies has released Check Point Quantum SD-WAN, a new software blade in the Check Point Quantum Gateways. Check Point Quantum SD-WAN combines the highest level of security with optimized network and internet connectivity to protect branch offices from fifth generation of cyberattacks, the compamy said. Meanwhile, Check Point as has published its Global Threat Index for January 2023. In addition, Check Point's board of directors has authorized a $2B expansion of the company’s on-going share repurchase program. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
2. Leadership Move: DirectDefense, an information security services company, has promoted Christopher Walcutt to chief security officer. Walcutt will ensure consistent and high-quality information security management throughout the organization, the company said.
3. Pair Join Torq's Executive Team: Torq, a security automation specialist, has added two industry veterans to its executive team. The company has hired Josh Morris as senior vice president of Worldwide Sales and Don Jeter as chief marketing officer. They will be responsible for helping propel Torq into its next phase of growth and shape the company’s sales and marketing strategies. Jeter will also spearhead a significant evolution of Torq’s MSP and MSSP strategy.
4. Product Launch: Industrial Defender, a provider of cybersecurity for industrial control systems, has launched the Industrial Defender 7.5 platform. The platform offers a range of new capabilities that enhance industrial control systems' protection against cyber threats and compliance with industry standards.
5. Malware Attack Pops Pepsi Systems: Pepsi Bottling Ventures LLC suffered a data breach caused by a network intrusion that resulted in the installation of information-stealing malware and the extraction of data from its IT systems. The company reported that the breach occurred on December 23, 2022, but it wasn't discovered until January 10, 2023, with remediation taking even longer. (Source: Bleeping Computer)
6. Product Release: ePlus has evolved its Cloud Disaster Recovery and Cloud Hosted Infrastructure offerings to enable faster cloud adoption without the operational complexity of managing data center infrastructure. "This evolution of our Cloud Hosted Services supports ePlus' strategy to extend the data center to the cloud and accelerate cloud adoption," said Justin Mescher, vice president of cloud and data center solutions at ePlus.