Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Strengthening India Cyber Defense: SentinelOne is amping up its offerings in India with the launch of a virtual data center in Mumbai that will enable the growing number of Indian companies who rely on SentinelOne to shield their business from cyberattacks.
3. Product Launch: Sophos has launched Sophos Managed Detection and Response (MDR) for Microsoft Defender, a fully-managed offering that provides threat response capabilities for organizations using Microsoft Security. Sophos MDR for Microsoft Defender adds a critical layer of 24/7 protection across the Microsoft Security suite of endpoint, SIEM, identity, cloud and other solutions to safeguard against data breaches, ransomware and other active adversary cyberattacks, the company said.
4. U.S., Italy Address Cybercrime: Over the past few days, the Italian Interior Minister was in Washington, D.C. where he met with U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. The two discussed improving cooperation in the fight against cybercrime. Accordingly, the U.S. and Italy are working on a memorandum of understanding designed to strengthen cybersecurity collaboration to improve the security of critical infrastructure and foster new partnership opportunities. (Source: Decode 39)
5. Cyber Deal in the Works: San Francisco-based cybersecurity startup Coalition is acquiring Jumbo, a mobile app that lets you control your privacy on the web. (Source: TechCrunch)
6. Microsoft Shakes Up Cyber Marketplace: Cloudflare, Palo Alto Networks and Zscaler shares all declined Wednesday after analysts noted Microsoft’s entry into a part of the cybersecurity market where those three smaller companies already compete. Palo Alto and Zscaler shares both slid about 7%, while Cloudflare shares fell 5.5%. Analysts emphasized that the new Microsoft Entra Internet Access and Microsoft Entra Private Access products are in the preview stage, with no pricing details available. But over time, they could strengthen Microsoft’s campaign to make security one of its top categories, as older areas such as Windows recede. (Source: CNBC)
7. Ransomware Attack: The Bangkok Post website was inaccessible for most of Wednesday, along with the sites of hundreds of other internet service users, due to a rare ransomware attack. Internet Thailand (Inet) Plc reported that it experienced a ransomware attack on its hypervisor management system for the first time, affecting 300 out of its 2,500 clients. The company aimed. (Credit: Bangkok Post)
8. Water Systems Security Derailed: A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday temporarily blocked a Biden administration plan to improve cybersecurity for public water systems after Republican-led states complained it would thrust burdensome costs on small and rural water suppliers. The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in St. Louis issued a stay temporarily suspending the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) cybersecurity plan while a legal challenge filed by the state attorneys general of Missouri, Arkansas and Iowa runs its course. (Source: Reuters)
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)