Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Leadership Move: IANS Research, a cybersecurity research and advisory firm, has appointed Mark Clauss as chief product officer. The announcement follows the appointments of Jean Rosauer to chief marketing officer and Brendan O’Connell to chief operating officer. The additions will be key to helping IANS meet the growing demands of chief information security officers (CISOs) and the cybersecurity community, the company said.
2. MGM Cyberattack Update: A hacking group named Scattered Spider has been identified as being responsible for bringing down the systems of MGM Resorts International this week. Several MGM systems remained paralyzed for a third straight day after the company said on Monday it had shut some of them to contain a "cybersecurity issue." (Source: Reuters)
3. Security Partnership: Corero Network Security, a specialist in distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection solutions, is collaborating with TDL Gentek, a Canadian distributor specializing in providing technologies for internet and telecommunications service providers. Corero's partnership with TDL Genteck makes DDoS protection services immediately available to businesses across Canada.
4. Product Launch: Adaptive Shield, as SaaS security posture management (SSPM) company, announced its Google Cloud Marketplace launch, enabling businesses to purchase the Adaptive Shield SaaS Security platform directly through the marketplace.
5. Security Partnership: HUMAN Security, a company focused on disrupting bot attacks, announced that its MediaGuard programmatic ad fraud defense solution will be used by LoopMe, a technology company that applies artificial intelligence (AI) to improve brand advertising performance.
6. Company Rebrand: UltraViolet Cyber, a security-as-code cybersecurity platform provider, now supports government agencies in achieving their mission to keep the U.S. government's network infrastructure secure through its recently rebranded subsidiary, UltraViolet Cyber Federal. The company also announced that it has secured several contracts for services to be provided over the next six years in support of U.S. government clients, including the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Education, Department of Energy, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Federal Aviation Administration.
7. Leadership Move: Semperis, a specialist in identity-driven cyber resilience, has appointed former National Cyber Director Chris Inglis to its strategic advisory board. Inglis will support the company as it pursues its mission to deliver the industry’s most comprehensive identity system defense, with a special focus on protecting critical infrastructure for the U.S. and its allies , the company said. Inglis’ appointment follows the addition of former CIA Director General Petraeus to the board.
8. Cyber Insurance Offer: Adlumin, a security operations platform and managed detection and response (MDR) service provider, has launched a new warranty program that provides up to $500,000 of financial protection at no cost to customers who qualify. The warranty comes as a result of a third-party testing and certification program by Cysurance. The Cysurance Certification Program enables Adlumin to offer customers significant discounts on cyber insurance policies.