Each business day MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Security Partnership: Accenture and SandboxAQ are partnering to deliver AI and quantum computing solutions to help organizations identify and remediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities. The solution will enable organizations to scan all of their files, applications and network traffic to ensure that all of their data — whether on-premises or hosted via major cloud providers — is secure even when attackers break through firewalls and network endpoints, the companies said.
2. Product Launch: Trellix, an extended detection and response (XDR) specialist, has released the Trellix XDR Platform for Ransomware Detection and Response (RDR). Trellix XDR Platform for RDR provides visibility across an organization’s entire security ecosystem and delivers critical coverage for each stage of a ransomware campaign, the company said. The solution also improves SOC efficiencies and strengthens operational resilience for customers, leveraging AI-guided capabilities to reduce the time to detect, investigate and remediate ransomware threats.
3. Product Launch: Scale Computing, a specialist in edge computing, and RackTop Systems, a provider of data security solutions in the cyber storage market, have announced the availability of RackTop BrickStor Security Platform (SP) on Scale Computing Platform (SC//Platform). The solution offers comprehensive, real-time defense against live ransomware attacks, insider threats and data breaches.
4. Product Launch: SCYTHE, a provider of advanced adversary emulation solutions, has announced the expansion of its service offerings to "empower organizations in the battle against constantly evolving cyber threats." New SCYTHE service offerings include Managed or 1-off Purple Team Service, Managed BAS+ Service and Managed Empower Advisory Service.
5. Leadership Move: Venafi, a machine identity management specialist, announced that Patrick Dennis has joined the executive team as chief executive officer. Dennis’ appointment comes on the heels of Venafi’s more than 150% year-over-year growth in its global Software as a Service (SaaS) business, the company said.
6. Cybersecurity Acquisition: Snyk, a specialist in developer security, has acquired Helios, a company focused on capturing application runtime data. The deal builds on Snyk’s cloud-to-code risk visibility capability.
7. Email Security Release: NordPass, a password manager solution by Nord Security, is introducing a new Email Masking feature. This feature will allow NordPass users to better secure their emails, enhance privacy and avoid email clutter.