Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Recognition: MSSP/MSP Netrix Global has been named a Gold-level winner as a top managed security services provider (MSSP) in the 19th Annual 2023 Globee Cybersecurity Awards. The Globee Awards honors achievements in the business of security and information technology.
2. Cybersecurity Research: Worldwide spending on security solutions and services is forecast to be $219 billion in 2023, an increase of 12.1% compared to 2022, according to the new Worldwide Security Spending Guide from International Data Corporation (IDC). Investments in hardware, software and services related to cybersecurity are expected to reach nearly $300 billion in 2026.
3. Partnership Launched: Veeam Software, a specialist in data protection, has formed a strategic partnership with Carahsoft Technology Corp., a government IT solutions provider. Carahsoft will serve as Veeam’s preferred public sector distributor, expanding public sector access to the Veeam Data Platform (VDP).
4. CISA Issues Marine Guidance: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers have released the co-developed Marine Transportation System Resilience Assessment Guide (MTS Guide). The MTS Guide provides a consistent, repeatable process for conducting uniform assessments of the resilience of the complicated systems that comprise the Marine Transportation System.
5. Cyberattack Reported: Digital payments firm Latitude Group Holdings and intellectual property services provider IPH Ltd. reported data breaches this week, joining a host of other Australian firms targeted by hackers in recent months. Latitude said personal information, including copies of drivers' licenses and customer records of about 328,000 customers, were stolen. IPH detected unauthorized access to document management systems at its main office and two member firms. (Source: Reuters)
6. Crypto Platform Seized: International law enforcement authorities have cracked down on the cryptocurrency platform ChipMixer, alleging it helped obscure the digital money trail for online drug dealers, Russian military hackers and North Korean cybercriminals, Europe's Europol police agency and the U.S. Department of Justice said on March 15. The site, which authorities say laundered more than $3 billion worth of cryptocurrency, was offline and replaced by a banner which read, "THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN SEIZED," and displaying the logos of German, American, Swiss and Polish law enforcement organizations. (Source: Reuters)
7. Leadership Move: CyberSecure has appointed Bobby Nakanelua as chief technology officer. Nakanelua, the company's vice president of engineering for the past five years, will lead CyberSecure through changes in the enterprise software sector for cybersecurity.
8. Product Launch: Ironblocks, a blockchain-focused cybersecurity firm, has launched the first phase of its end-to-end security suite, a solution that targets security for Web3 and decentralized finance (DeFi) projects. The Ironblocks detection platform is a transaction monitoring system that detects suspicious activity in real-time and alerts teams within milliseconds, enabling them to proactively protect the protocol and preserve assets, the company said.
9. Product Launch: Nuspire, a managed security services provider (MSSP), has debuted its Managed Microsoft Defender services for Endpoint, ID, O365 and Cloud App Security. The new service will help organizations realize the full value of Microsoft Defender through a seamless, expert-led managed solution.
10. Diversity Recognition: Logically, a managed IT and security service provider, announced that CompTIA has recognized Chief People Officer Dominique Andrews its annual 2023 North America Spotlight Awards. Andrews received the "Advancing Diversity in Leadership Award," which honors innovators in the IT industry for their impact in leading others through diversity, equity and inclusion.