Each business day MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Security Partnership: Third Wave Innovations, an integrated risk solutions provider for network and security operations, has announced a strategic partnership with Precision Computer Services (PCS), an IT systems integrator. PCS will offer its Third Wave Innovations Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Managed Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), and Attack Surface Management (ASM) to its clients.
2. Security Action Center Opens: Sevco Security, a cloud-native CAASM platform provider, has opened the Sevco Security Action Center. The center empowers enterprises to create tickets to remediate the security gaps, vulnerabilities and risks that have been identified in Sevco Security’s security asset intelligence platform, closing the gap between issue identification and ticket creation, the company said.
3. AI Security Advancement: Skyhigh Security has brought to market an AI-driven data loss prevention (DLP) assistant as an advanced capability within its security service edge (SSE) portfolio. The AI assistant can help simplify many complex tasks in DLP with the ability to generate complex regular expressions. This enables customers to create complex data classifications based on natural language expressions, increasing operational efficiencies and minimizing inaccuracies stemming from human error, such as false positives or false negatives, the company said.
4. API Security: Salt Security, an API security specialist, has announced multiple advancements in the discovery, posture management and AI-based threat protection to its Salt Security API Protection Platform. Salt improves traditional posture management by providing an API posture governance engine delivering operationalized API governance and threat detection across organizations at scale, the company said.
5. Product Launch: Wing Security, a SaaS security posture management (SSPM), has unveiled an automatic advanced approach to counter the evolving risks of intellectual property and data leakage into GenAI applications. Amidst the growing adoption of GenAI, and the many SaaS applications powered by GenAI, Wing brings awareness and control back to security teams who are facing a dynamic and complex new attack surface, the company said.
6. Market Expansion: Pax8, a cloud commerce marketplace provider, announced Apptega has joined the Pax8 Marketplace. Apptega’s new product, Apptega Edge, marks the introduction of the first cybersecurity compliance platform specifically designed for partners, seamlessly integrating framework-based assessments with security product marketplaces through an end-to-end compliance offering, Pax8 said.
7. RMM for MSSPs: Syxsense, the leading provider of automated endpoint and vulnerability management solutions, has delivered an update to its remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform, delivering greater power and control over complex, distributed enterprise environments. This release empowers MSSPs and MSPs to automate more, scale faster and better secure customer environments, the company said.
8. CISA's Year in Review Report Released: The Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has released its 2023 year-end report. "This past year has brought an added layer of complexity as we start to tackle the implications of widespread use of artificial intelligence, grapple with the ripple effects of overseas conflict, and continue to execute our role as the nation’s cyber defense agency and national coordinator for critical infrastructure security and resilience," CISA said.