Each business day MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Product Launch: VulnCheck, an exploit intelligence specialist, has launched IP Intelligence, a new feature set designed to provide real time tracking of attacker infrastructure and vulnerable IPs on the internet. VulnCheck IP Intelligence compiles data from popular internet-connected device datasets and cross-references it against VulnCheck exploit and vulnerability intelligence information to generate unique threat intelligence insights, the company said.
2. Product Launch: Vercara, a provider of cloud-based services, has released UltraSecure bundles, designed to meet the online security needs of mid-size companies. These flexible packages offer enterprise-grade, custom solutions that protect critical applications, secure online properties and increase web performance, the company said.
3. QuSecure Inks Air Force Deal: QuSecure, a specialist in post-quantum cryptography, has been awarded a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) contract by AFWERX to address the most pressing challenges in the Department of the Air Force (DAF). DAF will use QuSecure’s QuProtect, an end-to-end PQC software-based solution designed to protect encrypted communications and data with quantum-resilience using quantum secure channels.
4. MDR Offering: N-able has launched N-able Managed Detection and Response (MDR). This latest addition to the N-able security suite combines a security operations platform with expert services, giving MSPs a broad range of capabilities to set a new standard of cybersecurity for their small and mid-sized customers, the company said.
5. Leadership Move: GoSecure, an MDR and professional services provider, has promoted Eric Rochette to chief technology officer. He has led GoSecure's professional services division, which encompasses an array of offerings in advisory services, penetration testing and operational services.
6. Cybersecurity Competition: PlayCyber and Hack The Box are co-hosting a global cybersecurity capture-the-flag event taking place on January 27. This live-streamed event is one of many scrimmages planned to help players from the International Cybersecurity Challenge (ICC) community prepare for the next global competition in late 2024.
7. Security Partnership: Third Wave Innovations, a risk solutions provider for network and security operations, has announced a strategic partnership with Precision Computer Services (PCS), an IT systems integrator. Through this new partnership, PCS will be offering Third Wave Innovations' Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Managed Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), and Attack Surface Management (ASM) to its growing portfolio of clients.
8. CISA Releases Water Systems Security Guide: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have published a guide to assist owners and operators in the water and wastewater systems sector with best practices for cyber incident response and information about federal roles, resources and responsibilities for each stage of the response lifecycle. Technical expertise is not required to understand and use this guide, CISA said.
9. Funding Round: Searchlight Cyber, a U.K.-based dark web intelligence company, has received a strategic growth investment from Charlesbank Capital Partners, a middle-market private investment firm based in Boston and New York. Used by enterprise cybersecurity, MSPs and government and law enforcement customers across Europe and North America, Searchlight’s platform provides dark web intelligence to help customers both identify and prevent cybercrime, the company said.