Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cybersecurity Investment: AppOmni has received follow-on investments from TSG to boost the company’s product development and market expansion in EMEA and Asia/Pacific territories. This funding adds to the company's Series C round announced in June and also follows a strategic investment from Cisco in August.
2. Industry Recognition: BackBox, a network automation company, was named Best Network Automation Solution in the Centralized Multi-Vendor Network Automation category of the 2022 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards. The ASTORS are awarded by American Security Today.
3. New eBook Issued: SnapAttack has authored a new eBook called “Streamlining the Threat Detection Development Lifecycle with SnapAttack.” This publication discusses how SnapAttack can accelerate the process of detection engineering, enabling MSSPs to create and easily deploy high confidence, low noise detections to their own, or their client’s, SIEM or XDR.
4. Cybersecurity Risk Report Released: Talon Cyber Security, a specialist in secure enterprise browser technology, has published its 2022 Third-Party Risk Report. The report provides an analysis of the ways that third-party workers increase security risks that leave organizations vulnerable to data breaches.
5. Industry Recognition: CrowdStrike, a specialist in cloud-delivered protection of endpoints, cloud workloads, identity and data, has been recognized as a Leader in Frost & Sullivan’s Frost Radar: Global Cyber Threat Intelligence, 2022 report. Frost & Sullivan states that CrowdStrike’s “market share is above 15%” with “remarkable growth rates.”
6. Market Expansion: TD SYNNEX announced its expansion to Google Cloud in nearly 60 additional countries throughout Latin America, Europe and Asia.
7. Product Award: Intermedia Cloud Communications, a provider of cloud communications and collaboration solutions, announced that its all-in-one cloud communications product, Intermedia Unite, has been named the overall winner in CRN's 2022 Product of the Year Awards in the Enterprise Collaboration Solution category.