Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cybersecurity Talent: CyberArk, an identity security specialist, has appointed Omer Grossman as Global Chief Information Officer (CIO). After serving in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) for more than 25 years, Grossman will lead CyberArk’s Global Information Technology group. Grossman brings deep experience in cybersecurity, cloud infrastructure and building out scalable, resilient IT environments.
2. Cyber Certification Program Offered: Diligent Institute, the global corporate governance research arm and think tank of Diligent, has launched its Cyber Risk & Strategy Certification. The program builds on the company’s existing Climate Leadership and ESG Leadership certifications and comes in response to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) proposed rules, which require board members to participate more closely in cybersecurity oversight.
3. Cybersecurity Partnership: Cloud-based security service provider InstaSafe has announced the expansion of its products base across the Indian market by partnering with ZNet Technologies. With this alliance, InstaSafe will tap into a broader market pan India by leveraging ZNet’s partner network spread across the country.
4. Product Launch: Conceal, a specialist in protecting against web-based attacks, has released its Conceal Browsesecure browser extension to the Google Chrome store. ConcealBrowse performs pre- and post-processing of code to protect against browser-borne attacks, including RATs, trojans, worms, ransomware, browser hijacking and more.
5. Lifetime Achievement Honors: Guidehouse, a provider of consulting and managed services to public sector and commercial clients, announced that director Barry Coatesworth was awarded a Lifetime Achievement honor at the Cyber Outstanding Security Performance Awards gala in London, England on December 15. The OSPAs are the leading awards for security professionals, assessing and celebrating excellence in the field.
6. Market News: BlackBerry reports that the sales cycles for its cybersecurity software have become longer and it expects the current macroeconomic environment to pose more challenges in the near term. The Canadian technology company said revenue from the cybersecurity business would remain flat in the first half of 2023 but grow in the latter half of the year. (Source: Reuters)