Each business day MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Code Management Release: Venafi, a machine identity management specialist, has launched its new Stop Unauthorized Code Solution, which is designed to help security teams proactively prevent unauthorized code across any operating environment. The solution enables organizations to significantly reduce their attack surface, prevent potential malware and cyberattacks, and minimize security breaches through improved application control, the company said.
2. Ransomware Protection: Black Kite, a company focused on third-party cyber risk intelligence, has unveiled its monthly ransomware dashboard. The dashboard provides data, graphs, trends and key insights from Black Kite’s threat intelligence team about the top ransomware groups, their victims, and attack patterns. Black Kite also analyzes the top ransomware indicators to identify common vulnerabilities exploited by active ransomware groups, and using data and machine learning, Black Kite’s Ransomware Susceptibility Index (RSI) paints a comprehensive picture of the industry-specific cyber-risks that organizations face each month, the company said.
3. API Security Partnership: Cequence Security is partnering with Vercara that aims to fortify the cybersecurity landscape by pairing Vercara’s network and application protections with Cequence Security's Unified API Protection (UAP) platform. Cequence Security's UAP platform provides a comprehensive discovery of the entire API attack surface, encompassing both external and internal APIs, the company noted.
4. Mobile Data Security Partnership: Reveal, an AI-powered eDiscovery, review and investigations platform provider, is collaborating with ModeOne, that helps organizations automate the collection and analysis of mobile data. This cooperative effort is set to transform how organizations manage the ever-increasing demands of complex data stored on Apple iOS and Android mobile devices in legal proceedings, the companies said.
5. Dark Web Security Advancement: Searchlight Cyber, a dark web intelligence company, has added AI-powered language translation into its dark web investigation and monitoring products. This enhancement gives cybersecurity pros instant access to precisely translated results in English, allowing them to search, monitor and understand threats in the most frequently used languages on the dark web, representing more than 94% of non-English content. The full list of languages covered includes Russian, German, French, Spanish, Bulgarian, Indonesian, Turkish, Italian, Dutch and standard Chinese, the company said.
6. Security Partnership: Enzoic, a leading provider of threat intelligence solutions, has announced a partnership with ThreatQuotient, an innovative security operations platform provider. Through the agreement, ThreatQuotient is integrating Enzoic’s Dark Web monitoring capabilities to scan for exposure and help customers act at the first sign of compromise.