Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Leadership Move: Tanium, a converged endpoint management (XEM) provider, has named industry veteran Tony Beller as senior vice president of global partner sales. Beller will be responsible for leading the company’s next phase of channel growth and expanding a service provider and partner ecosystem that spans global system integrators, MSPs and distribution partners.
2. Cybersecurity Community Launched: ThreatQuotient has debuted ThreatQ Community, a private cybersecurity community focused on intelligence sharing. With more than100 individuals representing 86 companies, ThreatQ Community members are trusted and experienced professionals who believe in the need for well-executed and safe information sharing to strengthen the community’s overall defenses, ThreatQuotient said. New requests for membership are being accepted on a rolling basis.
3. Funding Round: Censys, provider of an internet intelligence platform for threat hunting and exposure management, announced that it secured $75 million in new funding. Censys is adding $50 million in Series C funding led by Decibel Partners, GV, Greylock and Intel Capital, and includes new investors Ascension Ventures, Four Rivers Partners V, L.P, and accounts managed by Hamilton Lane. Censys also named Andy Boyd, former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency's Center for Cyber Intelligence, as its newest independent board advisor.
4. Funding Round: Adlumin, a security operations platform and managed detection and response (MDR) provider for mid-market organizations, announced that it closed $70 million in Series B funding led by SYN Ventures, with participation from First In Ventures, Washington Harbour Partners and BankTech Ventures. This investment brings the company’s total raised since inception to $83 million.
5. Product Launch: Drata, a continuous security and compliance automation platform provider, has launched of two new capabilities, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and User Access Reviews (UAR). The addition of Role-Based Access Control enables more partitioned access to various elements of the Drata platform to better manage compliance programs. With Drata's User Access Reviews offering, customers can automate the pulling of access levels of all employees across all the applications they use and easily review that access on a recurring basis, the company said.
6. Companies Partner to Combat U.K. Cybercrime: CSIS Security Group A/S and CyberCrowd have formed a strategic partnership, enabling the two companies to accelerate the execution of their respective strategies in the U.K., with common goal of combating cybercrime.
7. TSA Renews Cybersecurity Requirements: The U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) announced updates to three security directives regulating passenger and freight railroad carriers. These revised directives, which were set to expire on October 24, have been renewed for one year. The revised security directives, Enhancing Rail Cybersecurity, and the revised SD series, Enhancing Public Transportation and Passenger Railroad Cybersecurity, include a requirement for covered owners and operators to test a minimum of two objectives in their cybersecurity incident response plan every year.
8. Cybersecurity Partnership: Agency, a cybersecurity company delivering premium, enterprise-level security for people and growing companies, announced that it has partnered with CrowdStrike to "push the boundaries of threat detection and ensure a safer digital world."