Each business day MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Mobile App Defense Offer: Appdome, a mobile app specialist, has announced extensions to its MOBILEBot Defense product, making it fully portable to any web application firewall (WAF). These extensions extend the useful life of existing WAF infrastructures and drive down the cost to extend bot defense to the mobile channel, the company said.
2. Industrial Security Partnership: Darktrace, an AI cybersecurity specialist, and Garland Technology have announced a collaboration to help businesses protect complex industrial environments. This collaboration brings Darktrace/OT and Garland Technology's network visibility solutions together, offering fast, seamless deployments and more complete network visibility in operational technology (OT) environments, the companies said.
3. Security for Schools Release: Malwarebytes has brought to market its ThreatDown K-12 Bundle, combining the cybersecurity technologies and services that K-12 education institutions need into a streamlined, cost-effective bundle. The ThreatDown K-12 Bundle allows schools to optimize device uptime and improve productivity, while protecting students and staff, devices and data from the latest cyber threats, Malwarebytes said.
4. Supply Chain Security: SecurityScorecard has launched SecurityScorecard MAX, a new partner-focused managed service that builds on the company’s experience in the supply chain cyber risk management market. MAX enables organizations to identify, prioritize and resolve the most critical vulnerabilities and issues across their third-party and extended party supply chain ecosystem, SecurityScorecard said.
5. Security Partnership: NightDragon and World Wide Technology (WWT) have announced a partnership to help accelerate the go-to-market reach of NightDragon's portfolio of cybersecurity, safety, security and privacy companies, as well as drive increased customer integration and innovation around key technology areas through WWT's Advanced Technology Center (ATC) and Cyber Range.
6. Product Launch: Kyndryl, a technology infrastructure services provider, has released two new security edge services developed jointly with Cisco to help customers improve their security controls and proactively address and respond to cyber incidents. Kyndryl Consult Security Services Edge (SSE), paired with Cisco Secure Access, is designed to provide a modular and unified approach for consulting and implementing SSE architecture with Cisco's technology. Kyndryl Managed SSE, together with Cisco Secure Access, introduces a new category of network security services that integrates security into a cloud-delivered service model, the companies said.
7. Cloud Security Partnership: ExtraHop, a cloud-native network detection and response (NDR) specialist, has announced an expanded partnership with CrowdStrike. The collaboration gives Reveal(x) customers the option to store records in CrowdStrike Falcon LogScale, CrowdStrike’s Next-Gen SIEM and log management offering. With this new capability, ExtraHop expands its partner ecosystem to offer more choice in how enterprises manage logs, operate their security tools and simplify the complexity of their technology stack, the company said.
8. U.S. to Reject Cyber Crime Treaty: The U.S. said that it will reject an updated United Nations cybercrime treaty draft should it maintain an expansive definition of cyber enabled crimes as pushed by Russia and China, as well as lack human rights protections, according to The Record, a news site by cybersecurity firm Recorded Future.