Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. U.S. Army Contract Award: Indigo IT, a woman-owned small business, has been awarded a contract to deliver comprehensive cybersecurity services for the United States Army Reserve Command (USARC) at Fort Liberty, N.C.
2. Leadership Move: Echelon Risk + Cyber, a cybersecurity professional services firm, has named Chad LeMaire as chief security officer. LeMaire is a U.S. military veteran who served in senior executive cybersecurity roles, including the Air Force Special Operations Command, Pacific Air Forces, and U.S. Indo-Pacific Command.
3. Companies Partner: Acalvio Technologies announced a partnership with CrowdStrike that enables customers to integrate Acalvio’s technology with CrowdStrike Falcon Identity Protection to combat increasingly sophisticated identity-based attacks. Falcon Identity Protection has built-in support for monitoring honeytoken accounts and a policy-based identity threat containment and response mechanism, the companies said.
4. Security Partnership: Chi Studios, parent company of the Cybersecurity Studio, has announced a partnership with Peter Tran, longtime cybersecurity innovator and executive, to assist in building cross-enterprise cybersecurity capabilities. Tran will advise the Studio’s novel program designed to bring corporate CISOs and their senior leaders together for collective initiatives designed to strengthen the resilience of participating organizations.
5. Education Initiative: ThriveDX, a specialist in cybersecurity skills training, has launchedThe ThriveDX BlackGirlsHack Scholars Program, which will provide 25 learners from BlackGirlsHack with full tuition and fees for the ThriveDX Cybersecurity Professional Program.
6. Leadership Move: Sevco Security has appointed Chris Strand as the company’s first global general manager of compliance. Strand brings more than 25 years of technical, security and compliance experience, including nearly a decade as the head compliance security strategist at Carbon Black, where he built and led the Global Cyber-Compliance office.
7. Leadership Move: Flashpoint, a specialist in risk intelligence, has named Andrew Borene as executive director for global business development at Flashpoint National Security Solutions (FNSS). Based in London, Borene will assume responsibility for developing Flashpoint’s national security partnerships with US allies, including NATO and the Five Eyes.
8: Cyber Insurance Guide Published: Delinea, a privileged access management specialist, has published Conversational Cyber Insurance, a resource developed to help organizations navigate the evolving requirements for obtaining cyber insurance policies. The eBook is updated and expanded for 2023 with expert guidance from cyber insurance brokers.
9. Data Breach Reported: Pacific Premier Bancorp said on Tuesday that a cybersecurity incident at a third-party vendor has led to data leak of its bank's clients, becoming the latest victim of the MOVEit hack. The vendor confirmed that personal data had been compromised in the incident. The client data compromised contained social security numbers, account numbers and other personally identifiable information. (Source: Reuters)
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)