Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Leadership Move: Contrast Security, a code security platform provider, has appointed Julie Giannini as the company's new chief customer officer. Giannini is a veteran in the cybersecurity and SaaS industry. Giannini will be responsible for accelerating the adoption of the Contrast Secure Code Platform, while driving top- and bottom-line revenue.
2. Cybersecurity Partnership: Managed office provider Novatech has formed a strategic partnership with Exium, a specialist in in SASE cybersecurity tailored for small and medium-sized business and mid-market clients via managed service providers (MSPs). This partnership supports Novatech's cybersecurity capabilities, doubling down on its unparalleled security solutions for its nationwide customer base, the companies said.
3. Leadership Move: KnowBe4, a security awareness and simulated phishing platform provider, has appointed Hein Hellemons as chief revenue officer. Hellemons was most recently president and chief revenue officer for SecurityScorecard where he led all revenue resources worldwide and successfully grew and scaled the business across all market segments. Hellemons also held executive leadership positions at Microsoft, AWS and VMW.
4. Cybersecurity Partnership: Fasoo, a specialist in data-centric security, has formed a strategic technology partnership with CyberKnight Technologies, a value-added distributor (VAD), as a part of its global expansion. CyberKnight Technologies is headquartered in Dubai, covering the Middle East with on-the-ground presence in all key Middle East markets.
5. Cybersecurity Partnership: Lacework, a data-driven cloud security company, has announced an expansion its partnership with Google Cloud. Several new features will allow joint customers to innovate even faster in Google Cloud environments, the companies said. Customers can now choose to have the full Lacework platform, which provides data-driven protection from code to cloud from a single location on Google Cloud.
6. Product Launch: Tanium, a converged endpoint management (XEM) provider, has launched its Tanium Vulnerability Risk and Compliance for ServiceNow. The new solution enables ServiceNow customers to identify security risks from vulnerabilities and non-compliant configurations and remediate all from within the ServiceNow platform, the company said.
7. Malware Report: QakBot, SocGholish, and Raspberry Robin are the three most popular malware loaders among cybercriminals, accounting for 80% of the observed attacks, cybersecurity firm ReliaQuest reports. From January 1 to July 31, 2023, QakBot was responsible for 30% of the observed incidents, SocGholish for 27% of them, and Raspberry Robin for 23%. (Source: Security Week)
8. Cybersecurity Partnership: Vaultree, a cybersecurity specialist in advanced data in-use encryption, is collaborating with Google Cloud SQL, and has successfully achieved Google Cloud Ready - Cloud SQL designation. With the integration of Vaultree's Fully Functional Data In Use Encryption (FFDUE) into Google Cloud SQL, businesses can now enjoy an unparalleled level of data security and innovation in the cloud, Vaultree said.