Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Supply Chain Security Partnership: ReversingLabs has teamed up with PwC to help businesses gain visibility and control over their software supply chain. Working together, ReversingLabs and PwC will help customers modernize traditional third-party risk management programs that struggle to keep pace with the complexities of the modern software supply chain.
2. Product Launch: Ermetic, a cloud infrastructure security company, has launched its new Above the Cloud Channel Partner Program, with separate offerings tailored to the needs of solution providers and managed security service providers (MSSPs). The redesigned program delivers cloud security solutions for AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud environments, including a certification program for Ermetic's cloud native application protection platform.
3. Cybersecurity Training: Cloud Range announced that the State of Florida has selected its full-service cyber range and simulation training solution to support the state's cybersecurity initiative. Cloud Range will provide Florida with experiential cybersecurity simulation training, beginning with 38 state agencies.
4. Funding Boost: Spera, an Israeli cybersecurity startup offering proactive protection from identity-driven threats, is receiving $10 million in seed funding led by YL Ventures, including participation from Google, Palo Alto Networks, Akamai, Zendesk and Zscaler.
5. Leadership Move: Versa Networks has named Dan Maier as its new chief marketing officer. Maier will lead Versa’s global marketing organization, including market strategy and positioning, branding, public relations, demand generation, digital marketing, product marketing, and channel and partner marketing.
6. Industry Recognition: StrikeReady has won the Business Intelligence Group’s Artificial Intelligence Excellence Award in the Natural Language Processing category for the second consecutive year. Out of 52 product winners, StrikeReady was the only cybersecurity company recognized for demonstrating excellence and innovation in using AI.
7. Partnership Announced: NanoLock Security, a provider of device-level, zero trust OT protection for industrial manufacturing lines and machines, and cybersecurity firm ISTARI, announced a strategic collaboration to deliver NanoLock’s industrial product suite to ISTARI’s worldwide clients as part of its global strategy.
8. Funding Boost: Hypori announced the completion of its Series B funding round for a total of $23 million this year. The funding will enable Hypori to expand its position as a zero trust, bring-your-own-device provider.
9. Product Launch: Heimdal Security has launched its new threat hunting and intelligence platform, the Threat-hunting & Action Center. Heimdal said it is opening up a new category in the cybersecurity market by weaving in cornerstone elements from security information and event management (SIEM) and security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR).