Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Security Partnership: IBM Consulting and Palo Alto Networks announced that they will expand their strategic partnership to better enable clients to strengthen their end-to-end security postures and navigate evolving security threats. The first new offering will combine IBM Consulting Cybersecurity Services expertise with Palo Alto Networks Cortex platform to provide clients with autonomous and advanced managed security operations.
2. Product Launch: Trellix, an extended detection and response (XDR) specialist, has launched its enhanced Virtual Intrusion Prevention System (vIPS) 11.1.x integration with AWS Gateway Load Balancer (GWLB) from Amazon Web Services (AWS). The integration streamlines migration to the cloud by offering ease of deployment and enhanced capabilities to handle fluctuating traffic loads.
3. Evolv Partners with Jacksonville Jaguars: Evolv Technology, a specialist in AI-based weapons detection security screening, has announced a partnership with the National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars will use Evolv’s state-of-the-art Evolv Express screening solution at their home field, EverBank Stadium. Evolv Express is also used to screen attendees for events at Daily’s Place, the new multi-use complex located adjacent to the football field. Both facilities are managed by ASM Global – Jacksonville, which also uses Express at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville.
4. Product Launch: SaaS Alerts, a SaaS security platform provider, now enables managed service providers (MSPs) to extend SaaS application protection beyond core solutions. App Wizard is the latest update to the SaaS Alerts platform, allowing MSPs to integrate SaaS Alerts with any SaaS business application having a viable application program interface (API). This enhancement strengthens the cybersecurity postures of customers by allowing MSPs to provide the same degree of monitoring and alerting for these applications as they do for core SaaS business applications, the company said.
5. Product Launch: Global cybersecurity software and services provider Fortra has announced an advancement in email security with the launch of Cloud Email Protection. This integrated cloud email security solution sets a new standard by seamlessly blending artificial intelligence, threat intelligence and automated remediation to stop advanced threats that elude traditional defenses and make it through to corporate inboxes, the company said.
6. Product Launch: Varonis Systems, a specialist in data security, has expanded capabilities for cloud databases and object storage in AWS and Azure. This release accelerates customers’ data security posture management (DSPM) initiatives with deeper risk visibility, advanced threat detection and automated remediation for multi-cloud environments, the company said.
7. New Security Center Rises: Genetec Inc., a public safety, operations and business intelligence solutions technology provider, has announced a new version of its unified security platform, Security Center. With a shift toward a continuous delivery approach, "this version marks a new era in the way customers can stay up to date with the platform's latest features and updates," the company said.
8. Email Security Partnership: Vade, an email security specialist, is partnering with ApplicationLink to expand the integration capabilities of the Vade Partner Portal. Managed service providers (MSPs) can now utilize the ConnectWise or Autotask integration to reconcile invoices from the Vade Partner Portal platform directly into their professional services automation (PSA) system. This simplified reconciliation process allows growing MSPs to utilize Vade for M365's ability to block destructive phishing, business email compromise (BEC), ransomware and more.
9. 23andMe Hacking Update: On December 1, genetic testing company 23andMe announced that hackers accessed the personal data of 0.1% of customers, or about 14,000 individuals. The company also said that by accessing those accounts, hackers were also able to hack “a significant number of files containing profile information about other users’ ancestry.” But 23andMe would not say how many “other users” were impacted by the breach that the company initially disclosed in early October. (Source: Yahoo News)
10. Dark Web Security Launch: Searchlight Cyber, a dark web intelligence company, has launched a new Exposure Data view in DarkIQ, collating 450-plus billion dark web data points from data breaches and malware infection to help organizations spot threats related to their business long before they trigger detection systems or firewalls.