Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Product Launch: Cybernetics has introduced a new service to help victims recover their stolen money. This solution is intended for people and businesses that have lost money as a result of online crimes, and it provides them with a dependable and effective way to get their money back. (Source: Yahoo News)
2. Industry Recognition: Stellar Cyber, an Open XDR technology specialist, has been named a Strong Performer in the Gartner Peer Insights Voice of the Customer for Network Detection and Response (NDR. "We have a strong commitment to our customers and partners to ensure they have successful deployments and utilize the full value of the Stellar Cyber Platform as their Open XDR Security Operations Platform," said Paul Levasseur, vice president of Customer & Partner Enablement at Stellar Cyber.
3. Product Launch: LogicGate, provider of risk and compliance platform for cybersecurity teams, has unveiled a new OpenAI integration that will help automate and inform GRC processes, including policy generation. The integration of OpenAI will help LogicGate customers easily implement and utilize AI technology with current risk cloud applications, scale content generation, and quickly solve complex problems with AI-powered systems and models.
4. Leadership Move: Evo Security, a channel-only platform provider of Identity and Access Management (IAM), has hired Eric Morano as the company's new vice president of Sales and Marketing. Morano will lead all company partner growth initiatives and channel expansion, including Evo's strategic partnerships with ConnectWise and Solutions Granted.
5. Leadership Move: Resecurity, a Los Angeles-based cybersecurity company protecting Fortune 500 companies, has appointed Shawn Loveland as its chief operating officer (COO). With a track record of over 35 years in technology and cybersecurity, Loveland brings extensive experience and expertise to the Resecurity team. At Microsoft, he focused on applied research and dark web intelligence.
6. Cyberattack Reported: British Airways and retailer Boots said their staff were amongst those hit by a cyberattack on Zellis, a payroll provider used by hundreds of companies in Britain. British Airways said it had notified affected employees and was providing them with support. Part of the Walgreens Boots Alliance, Boots said the attack had included some of its employees' personal details. (Source: Reuters)
7. Hacker Alert: Hackers have stolen data from the systems of a number of users of the popular file transfer tool MOVEit Transfer, U.S. security researchers said on June 1, one day after the maker of the software disclosed that a security flaw had been discovered. Software maker Progress Software Corp, after disclosing the vulnerability, said it could lead to potential unauthorized access into users' systems. (Source: Reuters)
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)