Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. U.S. Army Chooses QuSecure: QuSecure, a post-quantum cybersecurity specialist, announced that the U.S. Army has awarded the company a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase II Federal Government contract to develop quantum-resilient software solutions. The award allots upwards of $2 million to address uses in tactical edge and IoT devices for battle-ready deployment.
2. Leadership Move: Axonius, a cybersecurity asset and SaaS management specialist, announced that Chris Kramer has joined the company as chief financial officer. Kramer will be responsible for growing and scaling the company’s global finance organization and driving the company's strategic roadmap forward.
3. AI Centre of Excellence Opens in Dublin: CalypsoAI has opened a new office in Dublin, Ireland to support its rapid global growth. The new AI Centre of Excellence is home to the top AI and cybersecurity talent in Ireland, the U.K., and beyond, the company stated.
4. Cybersecurity Conference Slated: (ISC)², the world's largest nonprofit association of certified cybersecurity professionals, has announced the full agenda for its 2023 (ISC)² Security Congress, taking place online and at The Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, Tennessee, October 25-27. The three-day hybrid event offers a robust program of more than 100 speakers and 100 educational sessions covering eight cybersecurity focus areas.
5. Aloha Vicinity Group: Vicinity Group, a newly formed technology service provider focused on the Hawaii and Pacific Island market, has formally announced its launch. Vicinity offers a wide range of innovative cloud and cybersecurity services for local businesses and organizations, the company stated. Although a new corporate entity, the Vicinity team has decades of experience in the managed service provider (MSP) space and has supported several island projects — many of them focused on integrating technology in support of rural and underserved populations on the neighbor islands.
6. Cybersecurity Alliance: Firedome, an endpoint protection for IoT company, has formed a strategic alliance with Maltiverse to provide advanced threat intelligence in the Firedome Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP). With more comprehensive sanitized data, Maltiverse's machine learning algorithms will improve the accuracy in identifying and correlating threat indicators and enable Firedome's customers to more effectively detect and mitigate threats, the companies said.
7. Cyberattack on Japanese Company: Japanese pharmaceutical company Eisai said it is working with law enforcement to deal with a ransomware attack that began on June 3. Eisai released a statement on June 6 claiming that some of the company’s servers had been encrypted. Officials at the 10,000-employee company created a task force and contacted law enforcement and external experts to help with the situation. (Source: The Record)
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)