Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Security Partnership: Liongard announced that starting November 15 Cork’s cyber warranty for MSPs will be available to small and medium-sized business customers through Liongard MSP partners. By purchasing Cork and Liongard together, customers will save $10 per month for an annual cost savings of $120. Existing Liongard and Cork customers will also be eligible for the discounted bundle offering.
2. Leadership Move: Breach Secure Now (BSN), a cybersecurity training and productivity company, has appointed Tracie Crites as the company's new channel chief. This strategic move reiterates BSN's commitment to elevating its channel strategy and advancing its mission to provide exceptional value to partners and clients, the company said.
3. Industry Recognition: Cybersecurity company Camelot Secure has announced that Chief Revenue Officer Sherri Thomas has been named a 2023 Cyber Security Award Cyber Woman of the Year finalist for her leadership, innovation and contributions to cybersecurity technology. The Cyber Security Awards were established in 2014 to reward the best individuals, teams and companies within the cybersecurity industry.
4. Security Partnership: Phosphorus, a provider of unified security management and breach prevention for the xTended Internet of Things (xIoT), has announced new integration with Check Point Software Technologies that provides enterprises and critical industries with enhanced visibility and protection across their entire xIoT estates.
5. Security Partnership: Keyfactor, a machine and IoT identity platform provider, has announced a strategic partnership with e92plus, an independent cybersecurity value-added in the U.K., to expand its partner network and help more organizations embrace identity-first security and protect their IoT and connected devices.
6. Product Launch: Keeper Security has announced that Keeper Secrets Manager (KSM) can now be integrated with ServiceNow. This integration enables enterprises to manage and protect their secrets with a fully managed, cloud-based platform that is both affordable and easy to deploy, the company said.
7. Cybersecurity Education Offering: CompTIA has launched the latest version of CompTIA Security+, a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue a career in IT security. CompTIA Security+ candidates learn the foundational skills necessary to safeguard networks, detect threats and secure data, CompTIA said.
8. CISA, FEMA Issue Joint Guidance: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) have released the joint guide, Planning Considerations for Cyber Incidents: Guidance for Emergency Managers, to provide state, local, tribal and territorial emergency managers with foundational knowledge of cyber incidents to increase cyber preparedness efforts in their jurisdictions.
9. Malware Alert: A new variant of the GootLoader malware called "GootBot" facilitates lateral movement on compromised systems and evade detection. "The GootLoader group's introduction of their own custom bot into the late stages of their attack chain is an attempt to avoid detections when using off-the-shelf tools for C2 such as CobaltStrike or RDP," IBM X-Force researchers Golo Mühr and Ole Villadsen said. (Source: The Hacker News)