Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. CyberRisk Alliance Launches Rebrand: CyberRisk Alliance (CRA), the leading cybersecurity business intelligence company, has announced its refreshed corporate brand, new website and updated portfolio of solutions to coincide with its 5th anniversary celebration. CRA's refreshed and unified brand system includes new logos, newly designed collateral to showcase the company’s enhanced product portfolio, and an updated design for its website. The website restates the company’s mission statement, and features engaging blogs from industry leaders, as well as improved access and program layouts and solutions to serve the entire cybersecurity ecosystem.
2. Cyber Career Support for Military Veterans: Tanium is partnering with VestsinTech, a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting U.S. military veterans through tech-based programs and opportunities in education, employment and entrepreneurship. Tanium and VetsinTech will jointly work to develop, certify and connect U.S. military veterans with open IT and cybersecurity positions while simultaneously filling a widening talent gap.
3. Leadership Move: True Anomaly, a technology company specializing in safeguarding ensuring space access, has appointed Diana Lovati as its first chief information security officer (CISO). She previously served as the CISO at Ball Aerospace and spent three years at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where she focused on cybersecurity risk management. She also held security roles at Northrop Grumman and GDIT.
4. Funding Round: Tidal Cyber, a threat-informed defense company, has raised $5 million, led by Squadra Ventures, in seed funding to accelerate the growth of its platform that enables security operations teams to proactively focus on critical threats, the company announced.
5. Security Partnership: Akamai Technologies and Deloitte have announced a strategic alliance to provide "zero trust microsegmentation and incident response services" to Deloitte customers worldwide. This alliance will combine Deloitte's expertise in cybersecurity, network forensics, and security with the Akamai Guardicore Segmentation solution, the companies said.
6. Company Expansion: Resecurity, a Los Angeles-based cybersecurity and intelligence company, has opened a new office in Manama, Bahrain. Marking the expansion of its global footprint with offices that include Rome, Seoul, Singapore and Bangkok, as well as countries across the Middle East and North Africa region, the Manama office will serve the local market as well as Resecurity subsidiaries across the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
7. Product Launch: Cyber risk management and threat intelligence provider Outpost24 has released Threat Explorer, an advanced vulnerability intelligence and custom alerting tool for continuous threat monitoring. The new module, available as a part of the Threat Compass threat intelligence solution, provides a timely source of vulnerability intelligence, enabling organizations to be alerted on the latest vulnerability exploits and prioritize remediation, the company said.