Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, July 13, 2017:
7. eSentire: eSentire Inc., a pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) provider, has launched esLOG, a first logging and event management platform that supports real-time threat detection and response across network, endpoint, and cloud services.
6. Sabre Hack Impacts Trump Hotels: A data breach at Sabre's reservation systems compromised card payment details at 14 Trump Hotels, the hospitality company says. Sabre disclosed the broader breach in May 2017. Roughly 32,000 properties worldwide leverage Sabre's systems.
5. Company Launch: Edgewise Networks, which specializes in trusted application networking, has emerged from stealth mode. The company claims it can protect customers "where firewalls fail."
3. MSSP Protects Internet2: Zenedge has launched a DDoS mitigation and managed security service for Internet2, the non-profit, member-driven technology community. Founded by 35 research universities, Internet2 provides a national technology infrastructure and research network that serves as a collaboration environment for many of the nation's researchers.
2. MSSP Expansion, Part I: Abacode, an MSSP, is looking to open a third security operations center (SOC) location in Tampa, Florida. The company is also drawing a clear line between NOC (network operations center) and SOC services. We'll share more details soon.
1. MSSP Expansion, Part II: ePlus has expanded its managed security services portfolio to include Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, and Fortinet security appliances. ePlus provides comprehensive security-focused guidance and support via the engineering oversight of next generation firewalls as well as associated management. ePlus Managed Services allow customers to co-manage or outsource the monitoring and management of their heterogeneous IT infrastructure, including security.