Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday morning, January 9, 2019.
11. Germany Data Breach: A German hacker has confessed to stealing data from politicians -- including Angela Merkel, according to this report...
10. European Cybersecurity: The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) has confirmed it will integrate the widely used ISA/IEC 62443 series of standards into its forthcoming Common Regulatory Framework on Cybersecurity (CRF). The CRF will serve as an official UN policy position statement for Europe, the organizations say.
9. Manufacturing Vertical: The ISACA and the DMDII (Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute) have partnered to develop and unveil cybersecurity research focused on the manufacturing industry...
8. IoT Testing: Dublin-based secure hardware and software technology developer Firmwave has launched IoT EST and validation services to help make sensors and gateways more secure. Services include
- End Node Penetration Testing
- Secure Manufacturing and Provisioning at Scale
- Device Management Penetration Testing
- Data Management Penetration Testing
- Web and Mobile Application Penetration Testing
7. Distribution - Managed Security Services: Tech Data has agreed to distribute StratoZen's cloud-based managed security services to partners in the U.S. The Fortinet-based services include network device management and security information and event management (SIEM), Tech Data says.
6. Distribution - Encryption: Tech Data partners can now offer Encryptics’ encrypt and encode technology.
4. Talent - Consulting: Eze Castle Integration veteran Nathan Ford has joined Drawbridge Partners, a cybersecurity consulting firm specializing in the needs of the financial services vertical. His official title is partner.
3. Talent - Cylance to Agari: Cylance veteran John Giacomini has joined secure cloud email specialist Agari has chief revenue officer.
2. NIST - Privileged Account Management: NIST has published a privileged account management (PAM) guide to help IT professionals and financial services firms better safeguard access to networks and systems. NIST also publishes a Cybersecurity Framework that's particularly popular with MSPs and MSSPs.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.