Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, May 9, 2019.
10. Symantec CEO Change: Here are the details.
9. Talent: Home security provider ADT, which also has an MSSP business, has hired eBay and Apple veteran Bob Kupbens to the newly created role of president, Innovation and New Business. He oversees business and product development, innovation, strategy, as well as new and emerging businesses including our Do-It-Yourself (DIY), Cyber, Health and mobile security platforms. Kupbens reports to ADT President and CEO Jim DeVries.
8. Talent: 8x8, a cloud provider of voice and vide services, has hired Michael Armer as VP and CISO. The company also completed its third successful FISMA/NIST compliance audit by a federally certified auditor, 8x8 says.
7. Funding - SIEM: Both Exabeam and Sumo Logic announced new funding rounds in recent days. On the one hand, that's a potentially good sign for the SIEM market. But on the other hand, we don't know exact revenue or profit figures for each firm -- which makes it difficult to truly pinpoint each firm's progress in the broader SIEM market.
6. Funding - Cyber Insurance: Coalition, the San Francisco, California-based cyber insurance company for small and midsize businesses, has raised $40 million in funding round.
5. Amazon Merchant Accounts Breached: Amazon believes it was the victim of a "serious" online attack by hackers who broke into about 100 seller accounts and funneled cash from loans or sales into their own bank accounts, according to a U.K. legal document, according to Bloomberg. The hack took place between May 2018 and October 2018, Amazon’s lawyers said in a redacted filing from November that can now be made public, the Bloomberg report said.
4. IT Service Provider Attacked: This could be a big one...
3. SOAR - Education Workshops: ePlus has launched SOAR consulting workshops.
2. Amazon Cloud Security Conference: It's called AWS re:Inforce 2019, and it's set for July.
1. MSSP Sales Conferences: Collabrance is planning MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summits in July and September. The master MSP and guest speakers will show attendees how to close more sales at $200 or more per seat with security, organizers say.