Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Thursday, July 12, 2018.
8. Threat Intelligence Research: An overwhelming 78 percent cybersecurity decision makers say their organizations have successfully used threat intelligence programs in the last year to block threats that otherwise would have cost the business a significant sum of money, according to a new report from ThreatConnect titled "Building a Threat Intelligence Program."
7. Hacker Research: HackerOne, a bug bounty and vulnerability disclosure platform, has unveiled its 2018 Hacker-Powered Security Report...
4. M&A - Cloud Security: Cloud security specialist Netskope has acquired Sift Security, which specializes in Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) breach detection, correlation, visualization, and response. Sift CEO Neil King will join Netskope to lead product strategy and management for Netskope for IaaS across Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and more, the companies say.
3. Partnership: Check Point and WireX Systems today announced a strategic partnership to accelerate their customers' ability to monitor, detect and neutralize security threats, the companies say. The relationship combines Check Point's advanced prevention and detection capabilities with WireX Systems unattached ability to analyze, store and visualize months of network data, providing automated and continuous forensics visibility into an organization's network, the firms assert.
1. Consumer Security: Cylance today launched Cylance Smart Antivirus, an AI-powered antivirus software platform designed specifically for consumers. We'll share more details soon.