Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, March 12, 2019.
8. U.S. Cybersecurity Budget: President Trump's proposed 2020 budget requests roughly $11 billion for cyber defenses and operations, NextGov reports.
7. Michigan Data Breach: The information of more than 600,000 Michigan residents may have been compromised in a data breach involving many major health care systems, Security Today reports.
6. Arizona Data Breach: Arizona's Medicaid program accidentally sent the personal health information of 3,146 members to incorrect physical home addresses, AZ Central reports.
5. New SOC - Asia Pacific: Adura Cyber Security (a cybersecurity consultancy) and Innovix Distribution have launched their latest Singapore Security Operations Center (SOC) in partnership with South Korean information security company SK infosec Co, CSO reports. Adura and Innovix are subsidiaries of the larger JTH Group.
4. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) - Europe: eSentire has grown its European bookings 90 percent over the past two years, the MDR service provider says.
3. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) - Talent: Vectra has hired Cylance veteran Didi Dayton to drive the MDP platform provider's partner strategy.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.